TC vs H20

biggest

On 10/29/2022 at 3:14 PM, watercitykitty said:

You must not have been on that fence too long. Hewitt has been with Webster since he started and has never been the OC at Watertown (he did end up having to call plays in a TCHS playoff year 2019 due to unfortunate incident (I think H20 scored 20 points that night).  Was the DC from 2006-2009 seasons had some health issues and then returned right before retiring for a short stint from 2014-2016.  I usually don't post on these silly boards but have enjoyed watching Watertown go from being a doormat to winning championships since I've lived here my whole life. Most of that is due to increase in talent but let us not forget the drop in talent from the opposition in the last few years not as good. At one time, Watertown had to play with  gold ball winners Friendship, G'Ville and Trousdale ever year when they were all pumping out Mr. Football finalists and Watertown has only had one guy that should have won Mr. Football in Heath Price and IMO those years are really the only years Watertown really had a chance to win a Gold Ball. Love my Watertown Boy's, Family, and Community but we just get dominated in the offensive and defensive lines in most years and that is truly where every game is won and lost. H2O has some strong young coaches that were key contributors in turning Watertown around. Although I don't think giving OC to Hewitt is throwing in the towel, but Hewitt is Old, not healthy, and probably too set in his ways to get this bunch into the right system for them.  If memory serves me right he only knows the spread and throwing the ball 30 or 40 times a game. and that would be a bad fit. I do see a lot of the "young guns" on staff that he and Webster used to coach and look forward to seeing those guys get better and start getting to put their stamp on the program in carrying on the Purple Tiger Pride.  Hindsight is 20/20 but after the job Webster did last year with that bunch, should have rode off to the sunset and passed the mantle to some really good young football coaches and now that this team is going 3A and probably going to East Nashville every Friday nights. Go enjoy being the All-Time Win leader in Watertown Football History and having your teams and players break every record Watertown has ever had and go play golf or go travel the world. Oh, and tell Hewitt he needs to retire as well, he looks like an old geezer trying to figure out how to coach with that I-Pad every week and his eyes too weak to see the field.

If I'm not mistaken Hewitt only called the 2nd half of that playoff game &the majority of those 20pts were scored in the first  half! I could be wrong 

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2022 at 4:13 PM, Hardknocks72 said:

Sounds like a good resume. Y’all make him out to sound like a champ ??? Idk nothing about the guy I’m just saying if he was good as y’all say why isn’t other schools pursuing him?? And you want to say 4 titles at Oakland ?? The film guy can say he was part of that…as far as baseball I did hear he had a job at one of the Wilson county schools? What happened there? He leave to go help Creasy?  get fired?or what? My grandson said he got kicked out of a darn pee wee game a while back?? 

As far as pee wee goes that was just a very sensitive ref. 

15 hours ago, MistyC said:

Yes sir! Kobyn can pretty much play any position. Glad Blake made adjustments. Kobyn was smiling ear to ear after the game. And I was hoarse from screaming lol 

We have Kobyn nominated as a finalist for our Player of the Week Award as well, you can go to 615preps website or find the link on all social media 615Preps accounts:thumb:

2 hours ago, Cam615 said:

We have Kobyn nominated as a finalist for our Player of the Week Award as well, you can go to 615preps website or find the link on all social media 615Preps accounts:thumb:

Yes I know. He’s in the lead right now. Praying he gets it. Thank you for supporting my kid! It doesn’t go unnoticed…….

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2022 at 11:00 AM, JACKET316 said:

How we feeling about Hackett coming to TC now folks? ;) 

The same as you feel about Satterfield staying.  If you are going to say the talent level just isn't there to justify Blake's 2-8 record, when you have to say the same thing about Hackett's defense.  I was able to stream the game Friday night and it looked like Pickett County wearing Watertown's Jerseys and Red Boiling's JV wearing Trousdale's Jerseys. My eyes and brain will forever hurt now.