Coalfield @ Oneida

rtl112

20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Nope I picked CF the whole time.

But you did say they would struggle vs Oz's size and "if they got past them" you would admit you were wrong. And that Cole Hines was a good not great QB. And that the Coalfield line was not very good and they didn't have any big guys even though I said the one is getting offers and then you said "thats not an offer" and you got plenty of offers for Div3 and 2. 

That was you, am I wrong?

31 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

But you did say they would struggle vs Oz's size and "if they got past them" you would admit you were wrong. And that Cole Hines was a good not great QB. And that the Coalfield line was not very good and they didn't have any big guys even though I said the one is getting offers and then you said "thats not an offer" and you got plenty of offers for Div3 and 2. 

On 10/19/2022 at 1:41 PM, orngnblk said:

Both of these are good posts.OS does seem to lay a big egg at times.CF has been consistent this year.By no means the same team as last year but with the exception of OS our region is way down.OS size is their only advantage and a decent coach will figure that out.I give that edge to CF.Give them a short field and the momentum will change.We held our finger in the Dam for 3 quarters waiting on our offensive genius to help our boys score and the D just couldnt hold on with the short fields.I still think CF wins because of kids that are quick and will make more plays OS secondary is very subject for sure!

On 10/8/2022 at 6:01 AM, orngnblk said:

89-6 last 2 games against CF.

Not to be ugly Rt i know you guys ate young but thats the worst CF team I've seen in 15 years and you STILL mercy ruled us.

On 10/8/2022 at 10:03 AM, orngnblk said:

Yes I can see the youth and the skills arent bad but we both know up front is where you win the games that count.You all will struggle with OZ unless you throw it alot and your coach has the balls to do that.We on the other hand have tons of players not even touching the ball.When we do like our #14 last night he makes plays!

On 10/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, orngnblk said:

I have been apart of Coalfield/Greenback since 1985.I have seen very good Coalfield teams and bad Coalfield teams.This one is young and the line play last night wasnt as good as usual.They are a small bunch also all over the field.It might do you some good to go actually see a game instead of internet watching and you might understand.Oakdale is not the team they were built up to be either.A typical well coached GB teams wins that game last night and OS.We are in a dark place right now.We played bad last night and was in that game till our wheels fell off because WE CANNOT SCORE!

On 10/8/2022 at 10:17 AM, orngnblk said:

9-1 doesnt make you a good team when your region is pitiful as ours.Gordy whipped them good and then struggles against JB the next week.CF has a great shot at the Semis this year if they can handle OSs size NO DOUBT but that because everyone around here is not very good.Cloudland is on their last leg with injuries, we more than likely will miss the playoffs because we dont play Sunbright again.:thumb:The East has 3 good teams as of now Gordy,Pitt and Clay all who will beat CF by 21 at least in the playoffs.As I said I'm just starting what I saw last night maybe CF was over confident and will walk the dog from here out.Of they do then I will recap my thoughts.But anyone who knows me knows I just tell you like I saw it.Ive been wrong before.

Here are my quotes about.Yes I expected them to struggle a little with OZ BUT I also said their coaching is better than OZ and us and has the balls to exploit OZs weakness.We could have and didnt.The CF team that played us we USUALLY  would have handled quiet easily but with our new situation we didnt.I give credit were it is due.I also stated that maybe that CF team at GB played their worst 3 quarters all year.Still wasnt impressed with any player on CF team other than little Henry tough kid!

36 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Coalfield has beaten who they should have.Going into the season they were the best team returning. BUT our region is BAAADDDD!Also Scott county is terrible.CF has 0 good wins.They have done exactly what I expected them to do.

46 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Coalfield has beaten who they should have.Going into the season they were the best team returning. BUT our region is BAAADDDD!Also Scott county is terrible.CF has 0 good wins.They have done exactly what I expected them to do.

CF has impressed me with the versatility on Offense. Defense still has some questionable game management, I.e. blitzing themselves out of plays, but overall a super tough unit. I will also agree that they have 0 quality wins.

42 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Would have been easier to just say "Yes, that was me." Take a breath man, it's just high school football. 

It’d be easier to just be open about who you have, and more often than not, haven’t actually watched, and stop claiming the mysterious traveling cheer dad to. :lol:

2 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I'm afraid you are right on all accounts. If they put Oneida in a stronger region next year, they won't make playoffs. They don't belong in the playoffs this year and next year will be much worse. 

You name the bet, we’ll make the playoffs next year. We may suck but the playoffs are full of bad teams. Round one doesn’t mean anything in Tennessee anymore. 

1 minute ago, tbone82 said:

It’s unfortunate that you see a lot of 2-3 win teams make it just to get throttled.

Yep. That’s why I’m a fan of 4 classes. 8 regions at 8 or so teams each. 60-70 teams per class and roughly top half (32) go to post season. This crap of 32 out of 35-40 making the “cut” has softened Tennessee high school ball dramatically. “Making” the playoffs was an accomplishment up until the Z plan fiasco and the 6 classification garbage. Now terrible teams are celebrating their “accomplishments” and their below average production is rewarded. It has bred a culture of mediocrity across all regions and classes with the exception of a very few programs. 

• Like 1