Clinton Travels To Beaver Country

92Dragon

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

I figured he was going to run wild on Clinton.  Hard for me to believe that Coastal is his best offer.  Am I missing something? 

He definitely had better offers. He had offers from VA Tech, Michigan State, and Purdue, as well as Tennessee. Were they "commitable" offers, I don't know for sure. Tennessee didn't appear to prioritize him at all, but I guarantee he will get some looks closer to signing day, once P5 schools find out who they swing/missed on.

14 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

He definitely had better offers. He had offers from VA Tech, Michigan State, and Purdue, as well as Tennessee. Were they "commitable" offers, I don't know for sure. Tennessee didn't appear to prioritize him at all, but I guarantee he will get some looks closer to signing day, once P5 schools find out who they swing/missed on.

Yeah, I knew there was interest from many schools, but "offer" gets thrown around all willy nilly.  I'd be shocked if any of those schools you mentioned had an actual offer, commitable,  and he said no thank you I'm gonna play for Coastal.  Just my thoughts, I think he would look good in the Big Arnge!

5 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yeah, I knew there was interest from many schools, but "offer" gets thrown around all willy nilly.  I'd be shocked if any of those schools you mentioned had an actual offer, commitable,  and he said no thank you I'm gonna play for Coastal.  Just my thoughts, I think he would look good in the Big Arnge!

So many of these kids get offers that only become commitable once other priorities have signed elsewhere. So I don't blame him for jumping over to Coastal. But it also wouldn't shock me if. in the 11th hour. a P5 school swoops in and signs him.

Edited by osunut2

Aside from a few very select RBs throughout the years, Shawn Summer’s being one, he’s about the best I’ve ever seen in this part of the state. And to be honest, he is more explosive than Shawn ever was, not to mention bigger. But Summer’s was just a heckuva HS RB, plus he played LB too, and excelled there, so have to factor that in with his greatness. He took a pounding from both sides of the ball every single game at a soaking wet 175. But with that said, Shawn played on much much better teams, of course.

Edited by SweetScience