Halls travels to Heritage

alphaking95

4 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Sorry @BarneySox2007

More of the same from Heritage. They went from being the most improved team in the Southeast to not even making the playoffs in the worst region in the Southeast. I mean Cocke County beat Sevier County. That’s two games you to an L on tonight.

Your right Fandom, I picked Heritage more on hope but since the Sevier game they have fallen apart on offense. The QB is the main man and he can't do it alone. The defense hasn't ever done well but actually looked non existence against Lenior City and Halls. The defense let Knox central out of the bag with very little time to go. No reason not to have went 6-4. On to the next year out there and hoping the new coach hangs around. Sevier County fans want their coach gone period. 

Went back and forth watching games. Heritage player's body language from the start (Walking on and off the field, to the huddle, to the line of scrimmage, etc.) suggested they were done with the season. They had played much better games throughout the season. Oh well, another 2-8 team makes the playoffs!

8 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Went back and forth watching games. Heritage player's body language from the start (Walking on and off the field, to the huddle, to the line of scrimmage, etc.) suggested they were done with the season. They had played much better games throughout the season. Oh well, another 2-8 team makes the playoffs!

Your right on, you could tell they were done down at Lenior City last week. 

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your right on, you could tell they were done down at Lenior City last week. 

Barn, I didn't realize people got up as early as me on Saturday morning. But back to the subject, I don't understand a team that has a chance to make the playoffs not fighting til the end.

4 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Barn, I didn't realize people got up as early as me on Saturday morning. But back to the subject, I don't understand a team that has a chance to make the playoffs not fighting til the end.

Me neither , not with the coach they have either. Something inside the program may have happened we don't know about but clearly wasn't the same team.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Me neither , not with the coach they have either. Something inside the program may have happened we don't know about but clearly wasn't the same team.

There has definitely been a noticeable change in the last few weeks. Agree that something may have happened internally. Now the Coach Oz watch begins. UT just requested an extension to respond to the NCAA violations from the Pruitt era when Oz was doing juco recruiting there. Once that wraps up and if he is not implicated, colleges, particularly juco’s, will be willing to consider him for a head coaching position. Then we’ll see if Heritage is really where he wants to be or if it is just a temporary gig until he can get back to college coaching. Time will tell. 

40 minutes ago, camppack said:

There has definitely been a noticeable change in the last few weeks. Agree that something may have happened internally. Now the Coach Oz watch begins. UT just requested an extension to respond to the NCAA violations from the Pruitt era when Oz was doing juco recruiting there. Once that wraps up and if he is not implicated, colleges, particularly juco’s, will be willing to consider him for a head coaching position. Then we’ll see if Heritage is really where he wants to be or if it is just a temporary gig until he can get back to college coaching. Time will tell. 

You may be right but just for a change if he dose move on it was great for someone to come in and prove to these idiots that run the county schools that those programs can be brought back to life if their willing to invest. The community around Heritage was the most fired up I've seen in 35 years. They need to quit handing these jobs over to friends and blowhards that don't have a track record for squat. If he dose move on it would be great if someone on staff that was heavily involved with the offense stays, just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You may be right but just for a change if he dose move on it was great for someone to come in and prove to these idiots that run the county schools that those programs can be brought back to life if their willing to invest. The community around Heritage was the most fired up I've seen in 35 years. They need to quit handing these jobs over to friends and blowhards that don't have a track record for squat. If he dose move on it would be great if someone on staff that was heavily involved with the offense stays, just my opinion.

With new fieldhouse, new turf coming next season, renewed fan interest and some on field success, the job should be more attractive than in the past if they do find themselves looking for a new HC. I do like the up tempo, RPO based offense they used and hope it gets retained if there is a change. 

2 minutes ago, camppack said:

With new fieldhouse, new turf coming next season, renewed fan interest and some on field success, the job should be more attractive than in the past if they do find themselves looking for a new HC. I do like the up tempo, RPO based offense they used and hope it gets retained if there is a change. 

If anyone has been watching all year long you could tell since the Sevier County game all cylinders have not been running well on offense like a few of the past games. It's been like the QB has been on his own to get anything.

• 3 weeks later...