D2-A state championship look ahead.

starstruck98

8 hours ago, starstruck98 said:

The playoff bracket will be coming out after Friday nights games end but these are the teams that will be in the mix for the State Championship in Chattanooga. Not depending on the playoff bracket, what two teams do we see making it? 

FCS 9-0

USJ 8-1

MTC 8-1

Jackson Christian 7-1 

DCA 6-3

NCS 6-3

CA 6-3

FCS is clearly the favorite at this time. And, until they get beat DCA is the champ. In a nutshell narrowed down to 2 teams.

If USJ and FCS meet that will be a game of great interest.  I’m No fan of FCS, and enjoyed beating them like a drum when I was in school as well as watching my children beat them, but they have a fantastic coach and program. 

BTW I always kinda chuckle remembering when FCS literally forfeited playing my daughters DCA girls soccer team either 3 or 4 times her JR and Sr year for some reason? I suppose it didn’t have anything to do with her being a state record holder, 2 time POY candidate, and 2 time HS All American. It was so odd that some of her teammates called them Forfeit Christian School. :) 

How’s that JCary?

Edited by Playerscoach

10 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

If USJ and FCS meet that will be a game of great interest.  I’m No fan of FCS, and enjoyed beating them like a drum when I was in school as well as watching my children beat them, but they have a fantastic coach and program. 

BTW FCS literally forfeited playing DCA in girls soccer either 3 or 4 times her JR and Sr year for some reason? I suppose it didn’t have anything to do with her being a state record holder, 2 time POY candidate, and 2 time HS All American. It was so odd that some of her teammates called them Forfeit Christian School. :) 

How’s that JCary?

Lost much respect with that post, don't think your daughter had much influence on  FCS scrubbing any games but kinda sad you would think so... Guess most dad's are pretty much homers , just most don't feel the need to ride the coat tails that hard...play in the Band?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, inthagap said:

Lost much respect with that post, don't think your daughter had much influence on  FCS scrubbing any games but kinda sad you would think so... Guess most dad's are pretty much homers , just most don't feel the need to ride the coat tails that hard...play in the Band?

Lol coattails. Fours years later and no mention of it before and that’s a sign of “coattails?” Lol Sorry you don’t like facts about the soccer forfeits. Equally sorry you ignored my complimentary comment about FCS having a “fantastic program and coach CJM.” You’re entitled to your opinion as to the “why” on the forfeits but the fact is they happened then miraculously they were able to play the next games. Kids tongue and cheek calling them Forfeit Christian School over multiple forfeits to ONLY DCA is what kids do sometimes. 

As far as your “respect” that’s zero loss of mine. The band comment is funny since you know me but I wish I had the musical talent to play in the band because my body would feel much different every morning. lol You have to admit it’s funny, and telling, that you’re so triggered about a girls soccer comment that you make multiple personal attacks (coattail’s, sad, lack of respect, band). I mean, a little less emotion and more self awareness is needed here don’t you think? Lol

Anyway, best of luck to FCS and congrats on the region championship. That upper playoff bracket is going to have some great matchups and games. 

Edited by Playerscoach

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

FCS 28

MTCS 14

Kudos to Friendship, they are solid across the board. We hung in for a time, but the FCS defense is real. Our play selection in the second half with time running down was questionable, but that is taking nothing away from FCS. I hope we meet again this year in Chattanooga, but both will be challenged to make that path without a stumble.

Congrats to FCS again on an undefeated season and region championship.

1 hour ago, swagulator said:

Anything can happen of course, but anyone picking anybody for the gold ball other than USJ must not have seen them play this year, IMO.  They are just too solid on both sides of the ball to not win a watered down D2-A.

I have heard they are very good from people that have seen them. I know Friendship is elite too. It’s possible they meet in the Semis and that would be a great game to watch. 

• Like 1