Playoffs AAA

O3t

38 minutes ago, cbg said:

Knoxville Catholic (3-6), Father Ryan (2-8), Briarcrest (5-5) and St. Benedict (2-8) have zero business in the playoffs.  This is nothing more than the T$$SS trying to ring the cash register for a few extra bucks.  If you don’t have a winning regular season record your season should be over and the kids should be moving on to basketball and wrestling. 

Couldn't agree more especially given all of the travel.

On 10/29/2022 at 5:24 PM, cbg said:

Knoxville Catholic (3-6), Father Ryan (2-8), Briarcrest (5-5) and St. Benedict (2-8) have zero business in the playoffs.  This is nothing more than the T$$SS trying to ring the cash register for a few extra bucks.  If you don’t have a winning regular season record your season should be over and the kids should be moving on to basketball and wrestling. 

agree with cbg on the fact that past and present day T$$AA mindgineers sitting at the square table set up all those classes and post season to fill their coffers......in all did respect.....there is a operational budget to the likes of sports insurances & salaries...

....and let us not forget that annual trek south to the Redneck Riviera for that happy hour deal cuttin session at the PPP for the bagmen

agree w/ cbg that those 4 squads should be done....but the rules of Booger Pickin post season participants ant the same as cbg and that makes for a disagreement.....it should not have anything thing to do with havin a regular season winnin record or loser record.....now Booger thinkin a team should have at least put a W by 50% of its region games ....

Catholic North (1-4)

Father Ryan (0-5)

St Benedict (0-5)

Briarcrest (1-5)

......without a doubt they should be done....

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Not that I disagree with this sentiment.  However, I do find it ironic that during covid people were doing everything they could to find games for kids to play in but when it comes to the playoffs we get in a tizzy over the kids getting to play in one more (half of the teams) 2 more games.  And its not like the TSSAA gets all of the gate from these games both teams get some of it.  That may not be enough to offset travel, but it is something.  If the TSSAA getting the money is the complaint, I would say the bigger argument comes with the streaming service, that could possibly keep the attendance down, and the schools do not get any of that money.  At least that's what I have heard.

40 minutes ago, O3t said:

Not that I disagree with this sentiment.  However, I do find it ironic that during covid people were doing everything they could to find games for kids to play in but when it comes to the playoffs we get in a tizzy over the kids getting to play in one more (half of the teams) 2 more games.  And its not like the TSSAA gets all of the gate from these games both teams get some of it.  That may not be enough to offset travel, but it is something.  If the TSSAA getting the money is the complaint, I would say the bigger argument comes with the streaming service, that could possibly keep the attendance down, and the schools do not get any of that money.  At least that's what I have heard.

Are the playoff rules still the following:  The T$$AA receives 50% of all gate revenue, the home school receives 25% of gate receipts, all of the concession revenue and parking monies but they must pay the officials & the visiting school receives 25% of the gate revenue but they must pay for all of their travel expenses which includes the busses and meals?

trying to schedule A game or a couple games verses not playin at all because of some hyped up zombie virus is not the equal, nor a decent comparison to being scheduled to travel 2, 3, 4 or 5 hrs to get thumped for the 10th time in 11 weeks in a contest for an untainible gold ball with 1 seasonal win and/or 0 region wins in your backpack.....all to appease T$$AA numbers

....a ride on a unicorn is in your future, if you think more than only an amount of young kids that be counted on one hand are still motivated to sit in a room for an hour to watch game film each day,  then go out to practice another 2 -3 hours each day.... after being pummeled for 9 or 10 weeks

....sure their ready to have another one of those bus rides back home.....only this time its 3 x further than that last bus ride

.....thinkin this ant no tizzy time for most....Booger thinkin its reality

Booger just sayin :roll:

56 minutes ago, cbg said:

Are the playoff rules still the following:  The T$$AA receives 50% of all gate revenue, the home school receives 25% of gate receipts, all of the concession revenue and parking monies but they must pay the officials & the visiting school receives 25% of the gate revenue but they must pay for all of their travel expenses which includes the busses and meals?

I believe so, but could be wrong.

33 minutes ago, Booger said:

trying to schedule A game or a couple games verses not playin at all because of some hyped up zombie virus is not the equal, nor a decent comparison to being scheduled to travel 2, 3, 4 or 5 hrs to get thumped for the 10th time in 11 weeks in a contest for an untainible gold ball with 1 seasonal win and/or 0 region wins in your backpack.....all to appease T$$AA numbers

....a ride on a unicorn is in your future, if you think more than only an amount of young kids that be counted on one hand are still motivated to sit in a room for an hour to watch game film each day,  then go out to practice another 2 -3 hours each day.... after being pummeled for 9 or 10 weeks

....sure their ready to have another one of those bus rides back home.....only this time its 3 x further than that last bus ride

.....thinkin this ant no tizzy time for most....Booger thinkin its reality

Booger just sayin :roll:

I could be wrong, but if it's about weather the kids want to play that extra game or not, I would guess most of them do.  Unless, they have a coach they hate or something.  

On 10/29/2022 at 4:24 PM, cbg said:

I can’t wait til one of them 2-8 teams get hot and make it to the championship game and win lmao. 

14 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I can’t wait til one of them 2-8 teams get hot and make it to the championship game and win lmao. 

nope...ant hapnin....even if one of the zero region win can halfway warm up for a run...the way T$$AA has allowed and set the the blueblood class playoff run.....you got all the 1 & 2 seeds off for a weeks healin, gettin some legs back and game plannin an extra 7 nights

....so that bad 1-9 team or 0 region win team that shouldnt b contestin tonight is behind the ball so to spoke already...but would be awesome to see a doormat team run ripshaw thru the playoffs hurtin egos and feelins FBfan26

Booger thinkin bad season record FR Catholic squad darn near set that scenario into play either last year or the year before...but that was the last best TN Catholic squad on a field by a long shot...and thinkin that was with only 4 or 5 wins

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Upvote 1