Forrest at Mt Pleasant 2022

GeneralForrest

NF just curious if you have given any thought to the notion that maybe those in charge at Forrest are rewarding Eli for his loyalty. Before Eli, coaches used Forrest as a stepping stone to a better job. Every two/three years a new coach was stepping in. In fact, I can't remember the last time Forrest hired a coach that did not come from within the staff. Not saying Forrest does not deserve the best coach they can get, but what if Eli is the best they feel they can get. 

13 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

NF just curious if you have given any thought to the notion that maybe those in charge at Forrest are rewarding Eli for his loyalty. Before Eli, coaches used Forrest as a stepping stone to a better job. Every two/three years a new coach was stepping in. In fact, I can't remember the last time Forrest hired a coach that did not come from within the staff. Not saying Forrest does not deserve the best coach they can get, but what if Eli is the best they feel they can get. 

eli is a reel good coach four them their rockettes 

my indians coach is better though 

if he had better fans then nathan the team wood probably perform better

14 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Good point, what is Eli’s record at Forrest?

21 minutes ago, Indians1989 said:

eli is a reel good coach four them their rockettes 

my indians coach is better though 

if he had better fans then nathan the team wood probably perform better

I agree. Mr. Stephenson has been a steppingstone of Forrest's success the past few years, minus this year. General Forrest should be ashamed for wanting to get rid of him. Arthur used to talk about how he wishes Mr. Stephenson would come to East. They used to be good friends about 10 years ago. Mr. Stephenson loves Forrest and that Community, minus General Forrest. 

With Love,

Margaret

29 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Mt. Pleasant, Lewis Co, and Summertown have all proved small schools in our area can draw in very good coaches but watching the Cornersville fiasco doesn't leave anyone with much hope in our school's leaders. If your rationale as an administrator is this is the best I can get you need to resign.

Competence rather than loyalty is a much better reason to retain an employee. If a small 2A school is having their coaches selected by 5A and 6A schools they are making excellent hires. It's not a bad thing.  Would you want Josh Heupel leading your team for two years or Butch Jones, Derek Dooley, or Jeremy Pruitt  for a decade?  

Just curious, WIP, have you watched any Forrest football games in the last 5 years?

Salem it is possible for a small school to hire a great coach, under the right circumstances. RR going to Summertown is a great example of that. Mt. Pleasant is another one. I don't see many names lining up to take the Forrest job though, especially since it's not open right now. As far as competence or loyalty, as an administrator I want both. Maybe that is what those in charge at Forrest see in Eli. As an administrator, I am always going to hire the absolute best choice for our school. I am not sure why that would ever be a bad thing. I have seen Forrest on film but not in person. I always thought Forrest would be a great place to coach. I like the small town environment. However, I have never had the opportunity to see a game in CH. 

3 hours ago, margaret1989 said:

I agree. Mr. Stephenson has been a steppingstone of Forrest's success the past few years, minus this year. General Forrest should be ashamed for wanting to get rid of him. Arthur used to talk about how he wishes Mr. Stephenson would come to East. They used to be good friends about 10 years ago. Mr. Stephenson loves Forrest and that Community, minus General Forrest. 

With Love,

Margaret

Why arent they good friends anymore

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Anything is possible. And also impossible. Things could go good, or they could go bad. We could all die tomorrow or maybe live til age 500. I enjoy straddling the line on everything. I enjoy driving to state lines and placing one foot in each state. I am looking for places where I could put each limb in a different state for 4 states total. Decision making is bad and we should all just stay in purgatory, a state of ambiguity, and grey area forever. I'll talk to you later, or maybe I won't. Who can decide these things.  

- Workinprogress (MY PROGRESS NEVER ENDS!!)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

If I feed my dog every day, he's loyal. This JOB IS ABOUT WORKING WITH CHILDREN. CONNECTING with them. INSPIRING them. TEACHING them. HAVING ACCOUNTABILITY. WINNING GAMES AND THE REWARD KIDS GET FROM WORKING TOWARDS THAT AND SEEING IT HAPPEN. 

"Welp he's loyal"

RIDICULOUS!