Round 1 - Davy Crockett at West

WestHigh4Life

7 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I've watched em a couple of times, on packrvision and diamond clear.  I think I can only think of two breakaway plays going against them.  

I was afraid that West had speed to burn.      So there is pretty much no way to contain that speed, a little like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle....

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

By everyone's rendering Knox West is invincible, the team to beat in 5A.    The only close game they had was a 29-26 squeaker against Alcoa.      So what was it that Alcoa brought to the table that pushed West to the limit??    Oh wait, never mind..... it's just Alcoa being Alcoa....

Blazer,

I wouldn't say they are invincible, but they have a great shot to win it all. This group of seniors have really been through the grinder falling short the last few years of the ultimate goal. Yes they bring speed to the table, but what they have brought this season more than anything is the physicality at the line of scrimmage, which I felt was what hurt them the last three years in the playoffs when they have been bounced. I think the team also has great chemistry and really feed off of each other when one side of the ball makes a big play. I'm really impressed with the job the staff has done as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Blazer,

I think the team also has great chemistry and really feed off of each other when one side of the ball makes a big play. I'm really impressed with the job the staff has done as well.

This part is so true.  This group does have great chemistry, they are not only terrific football players, but just good kids and students.  Like I said before, it's just a special group of seniors. And yeah, the consistency of the staff is rare.  Hard to find a better staff.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Blazer,

I wouldn't say they are invincible, but they have a great shot to win it all. This group of seniors have really been through the grinder falling short the last few years of the ultimate goal. Yes they bring speed to the table, but what they have brought this season more than anything is the physicality at the line of scrimmage, which I felt was what hurt them the last three years in the playoffs when they have been bounced. I think the team also has great chemistry and really feed off of each other when one side of the ball makes a big play. I'm really impressed with the job the staff has done as well.

No one is invincible, it only takes one bad game and it’s dribble dribble drive time.   Powell, Oak Ridge and Central all sent them packing in the last 3 years.  Stay focused, stay heathy - survive and advance.  You have the opportunity and the ability to make it to Chattanooga,  do you have the focus to follow through?  There are too many challenges coming from the West (we all focus too much on the East), so time to take it one game at a time.  Forget round 2, it’s now round 1 and we will worry about who is next after you actually get to “next”.  Truly hope they make the run, but you are one bad game or one horrible call  away from basketball season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MeritIII said:

No one is invincible, it only takes one bad game and it’s dribble dribble drive time.   Powell, Oak Ridge and Central all sent them packing in the last 3 years.  Stay focused, stay heathy - survive and advance.  You have the opportunity and the ability to make it to Chattanooga,  do you have the focus to follow through?  There are too many challenges coming from the West (we all focus too much on the East), so time to take it one game at a time.  Forget round 2, it’s now round 1 and we will worry about who is next after you actually get to “next”.  Truly hope they make the run, but you are one bad game or one horrible call  away from basketball season.

Very well written and extremely true. Im just glad to be able to watch another week of West football when so many teams are done for the year.

12 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Very well written and extremely true. Im just glad to be able to watch another week of West football when so many teams are done for the year.

Same here.     Boone always exits early but it's still fun to get a post-season game and sometimes 2.      It's weird man, something about going 10-0 for the first time just makes me not care that much about the playoffs like I usually do.   It's like even if we lose the first game it has still been a fantastic season for Boone.

14 hours ago, MeritIII said:

Certainly true for the players, but in reality there is no chance Rebs lose this game.  No offense intended to DCHS, but in my opinion, this will be  running clock # 7 Fri. night.  This game will be the classic example of a too many classifications 1 vs 4 first round  match up.  Sad thing is DCHS will lose a whole bunch of money making the trip down here to get walloped.  And West will be lucky to break even because DC won't bring many fans that distance, and T$$AA takes half the gate.  Oh well, that's the current system.  Go Rebs!

Edited by oridgecat