Round 1 - Davy Crockett at West

WestHigh4Life

24 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Same here.     Boone always exits early but it's still fun to get a post-season game and sometimes 2.      It's weird man, something about going 10-0 for the first time just makes me not care that much about the playoffs like I usually do.   It's like even if we lose the first game it has still been a fantastic season for Boone.

Stay on the Boone thread!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Certainly true for the players, but in reality there is no chance Rebs lose this game.  No offense intended to DCHS, but in my opinion, this will be  running clock # 7 Fri. night.  This game will be the classic example of a too many classifications 1 vs 4 first round  match up.  Sad thing is DCHS will lose a whole bunch of money making the trip down here to get walloped.  And West will be lucky to break even because DC won't bring many fans that distance, and T$$AA takes half the gate.  Oh well, that's the current system.  Go Rebs!

I hope the West fans turn out because that atmosphere against Maryville was electric...not saying this game is of that magnitude, but it was great to see the stands filled up on both sides and even in the endzone with overflow on the track. It should make the players even more fired up. Honestly this is the best student support Ive seen all year, even for the road games.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pioneers1982 said:

Stay on the Boone thread!!!!!

The Boone thread is dead, there are no Halls fans here I guess, plus it's just so much fun to hijack another team's thread haha.       Okay seriously Crockett has a very unenviable task this Friday but you guys just have to show up and give them your best game.    Can't hold anything back..... trick plays, go for 2, onside kicks, whatever it takes.   Even at that it will take West becoming unglued but anything is possible.    Wishing Crockett the best

24 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

The Boone thread is dead, there are no Halls fans here I guess, plus it's just so much fun to hijack another team's thread haha.       Okay seriously Crockett has a very unenviable task this Friday but you guys just have to show up and give them your best game.    Can't hold anything back..... trick plays, go for 2, onside kicks, whatever it takes.   Even at that it will take West becoming unglued but anything is possible.    Wishing Crockett the best

It’s over before the charter bus turns onto State Route 34.

On 11/1/2022 at 7:57 AM, blazer1set said:

By everyone's rendering Knox West is invincible, the team to beat in 5A.    The only close game they had was a 29-26 squeaker against Alcoa.      So what was it that Alcoa brought to the table that pushed West to the limit??    Oh wait, never mind..... it's just Alcoa being Alcoa....

Maryville vs West was close. It was 24-18 with a few minutes to go till West scored to make the Final Score 31-18.