Round 1 #1 Mount Juliet hosts #4 Lincoln Co.

MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Mt. Juliet rolls big in this one. Coach Perry has those dudes clicking on all cylinders this year. 

I am excited about the trip in round 2, if my Patriots can get it done against Green Hill. 

I hope so, I’d like to see how we stack up against Page. Having watched plenty of film on Page, I’d have to say the Patriots are favorited in a matchup against MJ. Our defense is just too undersized and streaky to go up against a good offense. 

LC ain’t the old team it used to be because of segregation of schools and the town has no jobs so majority of folks left out a long time ago. How be it was a Jamboree but LC beat City in that one. The town is to small with just around 35k people in the entire county for 2 high schools technically 3 count RCA that are less than 4 miles apart. City struggles to even field some teams such as baseball. They have been known to struggle finically as well even tho most don’t like to admit it. They honestly need to go back to having 1 high school with the numbers. LC struggles to compete having to play 5a ball but they have made huge strides since changing coaches this season and with new regions next that program will be better. A lot of talented freshman coming up. Having both schools I support both in the town you still have a lot of folks who hate city and those who hate county. The split down here is sad being it’s 2022

Heard the radio interview with Mt. Juliet player D. Morton while I was out at lunch today.  His 2nd time to be the High School player of the week for 104.5 The Zone.  Kid is obviously a great athlete and I remember well his first time on there this year.  I would assume he has some interest from some D1 programs?

On 11/1/2022 at 1:31 PM, ttitan27 said:

Heard the radio interview with Mt. Juliet player D. Morton while I was out at lunch today.  His 2nd time to be the High School player of the week for 104.5 The Zone.  Kid is obviously a great athlete and I remember well his first time on there this year.  I would assume he has some interest from some D1 programs?

Unfortunately no, he transferred from MBA, sat out for MJ last year due to the transfer. So this year is his breakout year, but he only holds one college offer from Bethel U.

8 minutes ago, MJBEARSSUCK said:

Someone from MJ got a train horn into Green Hills?!?  Was it actually inside the Green Hills Mall or just somewhere on Hillsboro Road??  I bet they could hear it at Hillsboro High!  That's insane!!  

Y’all got trounced, unfortunately this year the refs couldn’t help you out to the finish line. PUH c

39 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Y’all got trounced, unfortunately this year the refs couldn’t help you out to the finish line. PUH c

Trounced?  Bless your heart!! GH moved up and down the field at will and self-destructed.  Not to mention the special teams mistakes!  The MJ offense is a complete joke...that dude couldn't complete a pass versus air!  MJ got a gift the other night...better hope Page wins tonight, otherwise your season ends at home next week!

On 11/2/2022 at 5:29 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Unfortunately no, he transferred from MBA, sat out for MJ last year due to the transfer. So this year is his breakout year, but he only holds one college offer from Bethel U.

Maybe he should have stayed at MBA as they have a way of getting kids signed to some great small colleges & universities.  Then again, the tuition is expensive, and the academic load is a killer with an average of 2.5-4 hours of homework every night.