Fayetteville hosts South Fulton for round 1

City223

9 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Oh. . I can’t figure out the brackets is it home or away 

Fayetteville has home field first two rounds. 

third round: if Moore County beats McEwen and McKenzie, Moore Co will play at Fayetteville round 3. if McKenzie wins out, it'll be Fayetteville at McKenzie

first two rounds always go to the higher seed. after that, it's based on where in the bracket the fall and if it's an even or odd year. 

"In the third round and semifinals in even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team"

if two teams from the same region meet in the 3rd round (moore co beats mckenzie), the game is played at the higher seed's field (fayetteville). 

https://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20220101

Edited by jtm52k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jtm52k said:

Fayetteville has home field first two rounds. 

third round: if Moore County beats McEwen and McKenzie, Moore Co will play at Fayetteville round 3. if McKenzie wins out, it'll be Fayetteville at McKenzie

first two rounds always go to the higher seed. after that, it's based on where in the bracket the fall and if it's an even or odd year. 

"In the third round and semifinals in even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team"

if two teams from the same region meet in the 3rd round (moore co beats mckenzie), the game is played at the higher seed's field (fayetteville). 

https://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20220101

Thanks Jim. . Appreciate 

Not saying it will matter too much but SF from what I understand did not come out of the Gleason game in very good health. Believe what I’ve heard is down about 3-4 starters that have really helped this young team that is short on the depth side of things.

Happy for these kids to finally make the playoffs for the first time in four years though, glad they get to experience it and hopefully build off this season in the right direction. GBR!

South Fulton makes history, a more epic & legendary win  than Vols beating Tide.. a generational-changing game.   The small-school Tenn HS football world will be turned on its head this Friday!  .. You heard it hear first.. & I got this solid Insider info from the snap, crackle, pop of my cereal, and the chirps of bugs & squak of chickens outside my window. Time to go to Vegas & push all in on the underdogs. Better returns than first buyers of Bitcoin! 

11 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Wrong. . Fayetteville plays the McEwen winner at home 2nd round. 

I might not have been clear enough...if so, I apologize. I was more addressing the "who has home field" question.

Fayetteville hosts first two rounds. Round 1 is against South Fulton. Round 2 is against the winner of the Dresden/Eagleville game. Round 3 will be the winner of the Fayetteville/South Fulton/Dresden/Eagleville against whoever wins McKenzie/Wayne Co/Moore Co/McEwen games.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1