Richland hosts Adamsville

Richland22

1 hour ago, utpoolman said:

Absolutely .. Congrats on the W and best of luck next week. 

Good luck to you guys in round 2.  #17 was unstoppable tonight— bright future for him.  I would also like to commend your players and coaching staff for post game— very classy team and had kind words to say to several Richland players!!!

Richland ran the same 2 plays 500,000 times, which a kindergarten class could have figured out what we were doing and then try a trick play on special teams and go for 2????  Should have kicked for 1 and made Adamsville go for 2 on the next TD and go into OT if converted, especially at home. You try that play when you have a big lead.  I think Richland had the pee wee team in on defense tonight.  

Regardless— good luck to Adamsville.  I hope you guys make a deep playoff run

Richland was up by one when they scored on 3rd and 5.  Once they got the first down the game was over if he wouldn’t have scored! The runner Should have went down and then all Richland had to do was take two kneel downs because Adams was out of time outs.  Game over. Very poor coaching. 

But they did score and instead of kicking an extra point that would have put them up 8-  they faked it and only went up 7 - another bad call / either go for two and put them away or kick PAT and make them tie for overtime with a two point conversion. 

Then richland kicked off up by 7 to one of adams best players (poor coaching) and he ran it to like the Richland 15 with a minute left, adams completed a pass then run for td then run for two point and then Richland muffed the squib kickoff and started with horrible field position 

adams got td and 2 point to go up and eventually win by one - when there was no reason they should have ever seen the ball again.  Can’t believe no one else saw that… game was over…

16 minutes ago, Savant said:

Richland was up by one when they scored on 3rd and 5.  Once they got the first down the game was over if he wouldn’t have scored! The runner Should have went down and then all Richland had to do was take two kneel downs because Adams was out of time outs.  Game over. Very poor coaching. 

But they did score and instead of kicking an extra point that would have put them up 8-  they faked it and only went up 7 - another bad call / either go for two and put them away or kick PAT and make them tie for overtime with a two point conversion. 

Then richland kicked off up by 7 to one of adams best players (poor coaching) and he ran it to like the Richland 15 with a minute left, adams completed a pass then run for td then run for two point and then Richland muffed the squib kickoff and started with horrible field position 

adams got td and 2 point to go up and eventually win by one - when there was no reason they should have ever seen the ball again.  Can’t believe no one else saw that… game was over…

So you think a high school kid in the heat of the moment would think to go down and not score? I’ve never seen a high schooler go down instead of score. Also if you can’t cover a kickoff you’re not set to be a good team. You can’t blame coaching if the players just can’t over a kick 

14 hours ago, utvol2 said:

13 hours ago, cardfan said:

Congrat's to the 'Cards! I knew nothing about Richland other than their hands would be full trying to stop #17 without using all 11 to do it. Next game will be tough, but y'all gave them a fit already, and you learn more from a loss than a win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rocketboy21 said:

So you think a high school kid in the heat of the moment would think to go down and not score? I’ve never seen a high schooler go down instead of score. Also if you can’t cover a kickoff you’re not set to be a good team. You can’t blame coaching if the players just can’t over a kick 

It’s a simple instruction after the timeout by adams/ boys if we get this first down we win - we can runout the clock-  as he runs down the Richland sideline should have been screaming for him to get down or run out of bounds - I’m not even so sure adams didn’t let him score…  

kicking the ball anywhere near a good athlete and giving him an extra opportunity with the ball in space with the game on the line is poor coaching. 

squib it to the weakest returner - you don’t give any athlete a clean catch and run.. you saw the result. Can’t blame the kids for that.  They’d struggled with their speed the whole game. Hence giving up so many points.