Powell

ILB1999

I watched the powell game yesterday.  It was more interesting than the NFL, and I have to say that there are two things different to the start of the season.  The qb now healthy, and they clearly now trust the sophomore running back.  He helped Powell win a game I thought they should have won easier.  Don't matter tho, the kid is a player, and they're humming headed into the playoffs.

Edited by ILB1999WHS

2 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I watched the powell game yesterday.  It was more interesting than the NFL, and I have to say that there are two things different to the start of the season.  The qb now healthy, and they clearly now trust the sophomore running back.  He helped Powell win a game I thought they should have won easier.  Don't matter tho, the kid is a player, and they're humming headed into the playoffs.

Should West get to play them...they will be the toughest team West has played offensively and probably the best qb all year long. Really nervous about that game should it happen especially with them being at home.

30 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Should West get to play them...they will be the toughest team West has played offensively and probably the best qb all year long. Really nervous about that game should it happen especially with them being at home.

West is going to be a tuff out for anyone.  They are pretty good in all 3 phases of the game.  Powell struggles against the run, so it could be a high scoring game if they do meet up in the semis. 

We'll see which Powell team shows up in November. It's been a weird year for them, especially with all of the injuries they suffered early. The Panthers are pretty healthy right now, which is great, but I'm still waiting for their offense to hit another gear.

The defense is their obvious weakness, and while I hope they get a shot at West, this Powell team isn't good enough to take anyone lightly. Walker Valley and Rhea County always have a good defense, Karns has DeSean Bishop, Oak Ridge would love another shot at the Panthers, and McMinn County is also out there lurking.

Edited by osunut2

Not just a healthy QB but the WRs are healthy now, as well.  

West is the team to beat, given their body of work during the regular season, but I would be shocked if it's not West and Powell playing on Hayworth Field at Scarbro Stadium the night after Thanksgiving.  

27 minutes ago, HTV said:

West is the team to beat, given their body of work during the regular season, but I would be shocked if it's not West and Powell playing on Hayworth Field at Scarbro Stadium the night after Thanksgiving.  

Yeah, I won't say I would be shocked, but that's the way I see it playing out too.  

2 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Cat, do you think your Wildcats would make a rematch with Powell interesting or more of the same from the regular season matchup?

I do think it would be a much better ballgame this time around if we are fortunate enough to win 2 in a row, which we should.  OR is as healthy as they have been since preseason, except for the guys lost for the year.  OR is pretty good when all the parts are on the field.  Another thing is qb play.  People don't realize our current starter just completed his 4th varsity ball game.  He had Greenevill, Powell, Karns and DB in a row.  That's a pretty tough way to learn on the job.  He didn't play as a frosh either, and that didn't help matters.  But yeah, the game seems to be slowing down for him and he has improved each week.  So, with all our dudes and a qb improving, I think the rematch will be much closer than regular season.  

10 hours ago, HTV said:

I don’t think #4 Foust played in the last game so not sure if they were just resting him since he plays a lot on offense and defense and is a very physical player. I’ve seen him throwing up on the field almost every game this year. Will need him back to help out #6 Soles and the defense. 

10 hours ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

I don’t think #4 Foust played in the last game so not sure if they were just resting him since he plays a lot on offense and defense and is a very physical player. I’ve seen him throwing up on the field almost every game this year. Will need him back to help out #6 Soles and the defense. 

Yup, I didn't see him on the field. He's been dinged up a lot this season. Definitely need him on defense.

Powell looks incredibly flat. They scored a quick TD on their opening drive, but they were stopped on downs inside the Ooltewah 5 and again inside the Ooltewah 35 on back-to-back drives trying to be fancy. Ooltewah just tied the game on a drive that was aided by a couple of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on the Panthers.

7-7 with 2 min left in the 1st qtr.