Monterey travels to Hampton RD2

WILDCAT4LIFE

12 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Man what happened to the Dogs. Did the weather hurt. Kind of surprised Hampton and Cloudland didn’t try to play yesterday 

Didn't hurt those cats on a few big plays. Apparently they found a dry lane! Hate it for seniors and ole Levi 

Edited by uknoit2

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Monterey is just better up front tonight.  I knew this one would be tough. Me and Mike talked about it last week.  Monterey is a good ball club 

Our line was just so small this year and we can't throw the ball, Even Unaka  dwarf's our line. Big strong team that can put 11 in there and blitz um all makes it tough to run. This team actually overachieved. We played hard until the QB broke the long one, after that they were running through thin air. 

All said and done Congrats to a Bigger stronger team that wanted it more, was very good sports and played hard with class. Hope you guys get you another one next week. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

I was thinking the same.  The intensity they had against Boone was not there the last two weeks. 

Think we used everything in the tank on that one, kids may have found out how hard you have to play to beat a really good team, We were not the same after that game. Tough when you are starting 200 pound linemen. People just don't realize how small we were. Should be back to normal in about 2 years, we could have the biggest line in our history, if all these huge kids will put in the work, they have a shot at being a powerhouse. Takes a lot of pride and work and not sure how many kids have that in um these days. The few ,the proud are few  and in a small rural schools, thats bad news.

To be honest as a WHOLE ,this team didn't have half the heart as last years bunch, being so small to go with it And you have a bad recipe. So goes the life of small town Really rural school. 

46 minutes ago, pujo said:

Think we used everything in the tank on that one, kids may have found out how hard you have to play to beat a really good team, We were not the same after that game. Tough when you are starting 200 pound linemen. People just don't realize how small we were. Should be back to normal in about 2 years, we could have the biggest line in our history, if all these huge kids will put in the work, they have a shot at being a powerhouse. Takes a lot of pride and work and not sure how many kids have that in um these days. The few ,the proud are few  and in a small rural schools, thats bad news.

To be honest as a WHOLE ,this team didn't have half the heart as last years bunch, being so small to go with it And you have a bad recipe. So goes the life of small town Really rural school. 

Pujo you are prophetic. I always enjoy your thoughts and analysis. I haven’t actually seen Hampton play this season but was there for the State Championship game last year. I was SO pulling for the Boone Upset and it should have happened. I KNEW you guys were giving up 20-30lbs all over the field but just gave the effort to Win. I was thinking that IF these Kids can play like that against a now 3rd round unbeaten 5A team they’d smoke everyone til the the 3rd round and beyond. Maybe get back to Chatt. . I KNOW the Kids are disappointed. And i truly hate it for them. 
Seems like they had so much potential to go further. But it is what it is. Carter Co in general had a Bad Night. 

10 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Pujo you are prophetic. I always enjoy your thoughts and analysis. I haven’t actually seen Hampton play this season but was there for the State Championship game last year. I was SO pulling for the Boone Upset and it should have happened. I KNEW you guys were giving up 20-30lbs all over the field but just gave the effort to Win. I was thinking that IF these Kids can play like that against a now 3rd round unbeaten 5A team they’d smoke everyone til the the 3rd round and beyond. Maybe get back to Chatt. . I KNOW the Kids are disappointed. And i truly hate it for them. 
Seems like they had so much potential to go further. But it is what it is. Carter Co in general had a Bad Night. 

This may sound crazy but I'm betting last years line was 1000 pounds heavier than this years line, Everyone we played all year was bigger. Gets hard to play that hard week after week when you are so undersized, This was a HARD fought game tonight until we just flat out quit. After the long TD by the QB and them stopping us at about the 10 yard line, they could do anything they wanted to. It is what it is and you hate it for the kids but the season ends every year either in defeat or win. Just hope the kids learn what it takes to be winners in life. 

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

This may sound crazy but I'm betting last years line was 1000 pounds heavier than this years line, Everyone we played all year was bigger. Gets hard to play that hard week after week when you are so undersized, This was a HARD fought game tonight until we just flat out quit. After the long TD by the QB and them stopping us at about the 10 yard line, they could do anything they wanted to. It is what it is and you hate it for the kids but the season ends every year either in defeat or win. Just hope the kids learn what it takes to be winners in life. 

No doubt Pujo . Sad that this team didn’t have last year’s line. No way that you can compete with undersized linemen. It’s all won and lost in the trenches. I guess i just assumed you were bigger considering you went toe to toe with a Great 5A team who probably average 250-260 on both lines. Or bigger. I figured you must have had 4 or 5 BIG kids that went both ways. . And held their own like last year. Apparently losing those guys was the difference. 

10 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

No doubt Pujo . Sad that this team didn’t have last year’s line. No way that you can compete with undersized linemen. It’s all won and lost in the trenches. I guess i just assumed you were bigger considering you went toe to toe with a Great 5A team who probably average 250-260 on both lines. Or bigger. I figured you must have had 4 or 5 BIG kids that went both ways. . And held their own like last year. Apparently losing those guys was the difference. 

We had 3 kids who were barely went 200 pounds. We lost one last week that weighed about 230 but it was a big loss.  Last years team averaged around 300 pounds. What we got done was with heart, wish they would have fought to the end tonight, the one's that did will be winners for life, if you quit when it get tough, life will be tough. Winners never quit. I'm looking at a beat to death winner as we speak.