Springfield @ Munford 2nd Round Playoffs

Kevin38

38 minutes ago, eers said:

Yes. 100% believe this to be true. I would give Springfield the edge at QB, but ER has two RBs that are better than Springfield’s. ER also has the best two WRs. And honestly I don’t think it’s close. Understand that’s not a knock on Springfield, I just think the ER skill guys are that good. 

I agree about the RBs but disagree about the WRS, have watched about 3 of their games on FB this year including the playoff win, they are good WRS but I would take #7, #3, and #24 over anyone they got at WR. Also, you put #23 on their team in 2A, and he would wreck 2A...

6 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Maybe since Springfield is so undersized they should just stay home, :grin:. Actually, if you come to the game or watch it, just keep your eyes on Springfield’s linebacker number 45. He’s usually the smallest player on the field but makes at least 10 tackles a game and affects more plays than that. 

Little Joe plays more like a Hoss , one great player.

5 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

He threw those INTs because Springfield's DBs are one of the strongest aspects of the team, that and they do a good job getting after the QB. Also, you mentioned size, Springfield is always undersized, but that never seems to stop them, if Munford sees the Jackets and immediately think about their lack of size, it will be too late before they realize they are in a ball game...

Uhm, I watched the highlights and a few of those were just ill advised passes? Or maybe I was watching two different teams play but I was almost certain it was the social dweebs feed..

4 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Uhm, I watched the highlights and a few of those were just ill advised passes? Or maybe I was watching two different teams play but I was almost certain it was the social dweebs feed..

I have watched the game a coulple times, we left at least 3 scores on the field ourselves, we quit trying to attack them down field without a safety over the top and started draining the clock because they just seemed to give up in the 2nd half. I know you keep saying they may have beaton us or whatever, but once we adjusted to their speed/athletism we kept them off the board. I gave them credit though, they were better than I thought they were going to be...

Edited by Kevin38

2 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I have watched the game a coulple times, we left at least 3 scores on the field ourselves, we quit trying to attack them down field without a safety over the top and started draining the clock because they just seemed to give up in the 2nd half. I know you keep saying they may have beaton us or whatever, but once we adjusted to their speed/athletism we kept them off the board. I gave them credit though, they were better than I thought they were going to be...

I don’t think they may have beaten yall, just could’ve been a closer game than the score indicated… but maybe it was just an off night. Idk, I’m curious to see how the Munford game goes.

4 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

and again this statement is almost as dumb as you writing in this dumb language. Your trying to be  the poster from maryville....kind like your indians are trying to be relevant in a conversation. You may have the second best team in robco...i think you may have enough to beat Greenbrier

poster from marry ville

what are you even talking a bout boy

eye am the number won indians fan in the world

eye am sorry youre them their jackets suck 

4 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

and again this statement is almost as dumb as you writing in this dumb language. Your trying to be  the poster from maryville....kind like your indians are trying to be relevant in a conversation. You may have the second best team in robco...i think you may have enough to beat Greenbrier

They didn’t in the jamboree on their home field , I know it was just jamboree and several ER starters didn’t play maybe they treat jamboree like we do playing as many players as we can  I Pull for East , I think your DC was at Springfield in the Myers coaching years , he and your head coach having won a state title as players and are doing a great job and know what it takes. Chattanooga Tyner is probably down the line and that outstanding speed the Indians have over the other opposition they face now will be evened out or better. Hope ER wins it all , but it’s not basketball it takes depth when moving up two classifications but don’t worry about who you don’t and likely will never play unless classification warrants it . Go Indians  and Go SPT.

30 minutes ago, Indians1989 said:

poster from marry ville

what are you even talking a bout boy

eye am the number won indians fan in the world

eye am sorry youre them their jackets suck 

We are in the same county, how about we just pull for each other and cut out all the nonsense, I hope you guys win tomm!

6 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Just join the MJ/Page thread, we might as well just send out whoever is left from the 1974 class to play Friday night. Apparently we have no chance. 

Maybe not 74 but 77 that was I believe the year was MJ moved to highest classification and was a tough team , Howell Flatt had some great teams but unfortunately that was only one team per district went to playoffs and it was predominantly Gallatin except for 1981 when Springfield won it . Howell Flatt was on the staff at Springfield in 1972 the first year after the Boyce Smith era  and also one Coach Smith’s star players was on the staff at MJ during those powerhouse years during late 70’s and 80’s . History Class is dismissed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RollRed said:

Munford gets exposed Friday night. They haven’t played a Defense like Springfield yet this year. You really don’t want the jackets A game. You hope they all have the flu and travelers diarrhea :roflolk:

C’mon

We both like to play each other with no one hurt and both teams clicking.  It would be one heck of a game