Round 2 White co @ Nolansville

Warrior0318

White Co. will get their due respect from Nolensville.  2 years ago the Knights with a fairly average talent but well-coached defense faced #2 ranked and undefeated Tullahoma on the road.  Tullahoma was led by star running back Jakobe Walker who now plays at MTSU.  Final 15-14 Knights and they went to the state semis.  Walker had a few big plays but no real back breakers. Different time and different players but same system and head coach in place for Nolensville.  And they seem to have better talent on D this year.  The offense is definitely more dynamic.  Nolensville D has not allowed more than 21 this year and some of those points were caused by offensive turnovers.  Dowell won't be shut down but he'll probably have tougher sledding on Friday.  Nolensville should pull this one out  but WC certainly has momentum and belief going.  It worked for NHS in 2020 and maybe it will pull WC through.  Who ever knows?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eers said:

Nope. Nolensville and I don’t think it’s close. 

You may be right, but you’ve been picking them all season to be a favorite, thus I don’t see you shying away from them now. Comparing scores would tell us that Franklin Co was competitive with Nolensville and Page. WC manhandled FC… I understand it’s all about matchups but until someone can stop the duo at WC why would we think they would get beat terribly by Nolensville?

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You may be right, but you’ve been picking them all season to be a favorite, thus I don’t see you shying away from them now. Comparing scores would tell us that Franklin Co was competitive with Nolensville and Page. WC manhandled FC… I understand it’s all about matchups but until someone can stop the duo at WC why would we think they would get beat terribly by Nolensville?

I’m just not sold on WC and yes, I have been picking Nolensville all season. We can look at this multiple ways… White County lost to Wilson Central while Nolensville beat them by 38. That said, I’ve learned this is not the year to try to compare scores. I simply think Nolensville is a far superior team. Nothing to do with comparing scores, just my take from the film I’ve seen. 

Top to bottom Nolensville of course athletically better that's nothing new for Sparta.Sparta has some nasties on the O line if they get there hands on ya can do work!Sparta has#6 and #3 who have combined for over 5000 yards and 60 touchdowns which is insane to say the least!Nolensville if they get space and edge outside will be tough to handle but hey that's why they play the game!Go Warriors and Go MJ always pulling for teams in our region!

On 11/6/2022 at 12:37 AM, eers said:

I’m just not sold on WC and yes, I have been picking Nolensville all season. We can look at this multiple ways… White County lost to Wilson Central while Nolensville beat them by 38. That said, I’ve learned this is not the year to try to compare scores. I simply think Nolensville is a far superior team. Nothing to do with comparing scores, just my take from the film I’ve seen. 

I know injuries are no excuse but Dowell was hurt that game and only carried the ball 6 times.  Lets face facts, this is a totally different team when 6 isn't in the game.  If he is healthy no way we lose that game.  Their entire team feeds off Dowell and his big plays.  We can also look at it like Nolensville only scored 21 on FC and we laid a 49 spot on them and the game was not even as close as that score reflects.  Sparta prob had 175 penalty yards, most of them bs.  I think Dowell alone had 3 touchdowns called back on fouls that had no bearing on the play.  So take us lightly if you want but we are going to fight you for every second of the game, these kids are no easy out.  FC players quit half way through the 3rd because they were tired of getting hit.  You better be ready for a hungry hard hitting Sparta squad, we did not even throw a single pass against FC, ran against 10 and at times 11 men in the box.