Round 2 White co @ Nolansville

Warrior0318

On 11/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, Knights21 said:

White Co. will get their due respect from Nolensville.  2 years ago the Knights with a fairly average talent but well-coached defense faced #2 ranked and undefeated Tullahoma on the road.  Tullahoma was led by star running back Jakobe Walker who now plays at MTSU.  Final 15-14 Knights and they went to the state semis.  Walker had a few big plays but no real back breakers. Different time and different players but same system and head coach in place for Nolensville.  And they seem to have better talent on D this year.  The offense is definitely more dynamic.  Nolensville D has not allowed more than 21 this year and some of those points were caused by offensive turnovers.  Dowell won't be shut down but he'll probably have tougher sledding on Friday.  Nolensville should pull this one out  but WC certainly has momentum and belief going.  It worked for NHS in 2020 and maybe it will pull WC through.  Who ever knows?

Jakobe Thomas. I’m actually in Crossville. Watched my Cyclones go down in a hard fought loss to Anderson County. But, while we were already two hours into the 5hr drive to the Borough, thought we’d trek on down to watch Jacobe and our Cyclone Parker Hughes tomorrow. Knights won on a safety when Tullahoma’s center snapped the ball over the punters head. Then in the semifinal, my Cyclones put the mercy rule on the Knights. Elizabethton had 8 offensive possessions, scored 8 TDs. Nolensville is a young school. Only been playing football for about 6-7 seasons. Thought the move to 5A would hurt them. They just keep improving. Their campus and stadium were very nice.

12 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

It was a VERY close game. It was 42-36 with under 5 minutes to play. I never said it was a historic season. Nolensville gave up about 600 yards rushing. Pee wee defense. Lol.

Holy smokes, I just looked up some historical records on White County Football and this year actually was a historic season for you guys...now I feel bad for trolling. That's pretty sad. 

16 minutes ago, vuau1989 said:

Holy smokes, I just looked up some historical records on White County Football and this year actually was a historic season for you guys...now I feel bad for trolling. That's pretty sad. 

Wasn't that historical to us. We did have the best offense Nolensville played all year though. Sad some won't admit it. 

On 11/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, eers said:

Nolensville walks with this one. I think they rest starters in the second half and the score ends up closer than the game. Still not sold on WC. 

Wrong. The starters didn't get to rest at all. Lol.

Actually the final score wasn't indicative of how tight this game was. Now you're sold on WC even though you won't admit it. 

26 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Wrong. The starters didn't get to rest at all. Lol.

Actually the final score wasn't indicative of how tight this game was. Now you're sold on WC even though you won't admit it. 

They had a good season by White County standards. Winning a first round playoff game was astronomical… for them. Good programs expect to win a playoff game or two and don’t brag about doing so. WC finished 9-3 and really didn’t beat anyone. But I get it. This is their best record and first time this century they won a playoff game. Now go hide away and realize that doesn’t make you world beaters in the eyes of programs that expect more. 

50 minutes ago, eers said:

They had a good season by White County standards. Winning a first round playoff game was astronomical… for them. Good programs expect to win a playoff game or two and don’t brag about doing so. WC finished 9-3 and really didn’t beat anyone. But I get it. This is their best record and first time this century they won a playoff game. Now go hide away and realize that doesn’t make you world beaters in the eyes of programs that expect more. 

Just admit you were wrong about us. You keep mentioning the past. THIS TEAM was better than you gave credit. Unfortunately we made 2 big mistakes that cost us the win.

Just now, 85warrior said:

Just admit you were wrong about us. You keep mentioning the past. THIS TEAM was better than you gave credit. Unfortunately we made 2 big mistakes that cost us the win.

I mention the past for one reason… 9-3 is a really good year by WC standards. 9-3 is an average year and perhaps underperforming for others. I’m not wrong, we just have different expectations and perceptions of what good is.