Round 2 Page at Mt Juliet

Here we go folks! The Patriots travel to Mt. Juliet to take on the Golden Bears. 

This should be a fun game and a big challenge for the Patriots. I’m excited to see them do it. Big test on the road in a tough environment against a great team. Mt. Juliet has a couple D1 prospects if I’m not mistaken and they’ve played really well this season seems like. 

I am excited to see the Page boys battle it out. They have a really good thing going right now! How’s this one going to play out?

Not sure what to expect, but here’s what I’ll say based on the film I’ve observed.

Offense: advantage Page, they seem more fluent with the offense they run. A lot of athletes that stick to their task.

Mount Juliet has the better backs (Morton and Crudup) both have 4.4 40 type breakaway speed and both are bruising built backs as well. Osize Daniyan is an absolute playmaker at Wr/Db/KR. Our 6’5 quarterback completes passes around the 80% mark, I think he will be a power 5 recruit one day as he’s just a sophomore. And our Oline is big at 6’4 5’11 6’2 6’4 6’5. The Tennessee tackle commit is responsible for a 10 yard per gain average on his side. It really comes down to fluidity whether or not this offense can get going with all the potential it has and that is mostly on the O coordinator.

Defense: advantage Page, they won’t wow you but once again they stick to their assignments well and swarm to the ball.

Mount Juliet’s defense is a bend quite a bit break sometimes type of defense. The defensive line is our weakest point on both sides of the ball, they’re young and well undersized. Often in our losses they got pushed around by bigger lines.  Our LB core is average size, good speed and fundamentally sound. Our secondary is pretty solid, but they haven’t been tested much.

Special teams: sure advantage Mount Juliet. We have a strong leg kicker, good punter and we’ve blocked somewhere around 10 kicks this season. 4 that went for TDS. Morton is a mastermind at blocking kicks as he has accounted for 6 of them. 

All that being said, If MJ wants to stay in this game they will need to win the turnover battle, not make costly penalties and win the coaching battle. Something they have struggled at over the last few seasons.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

2 hours ago, Warrior0318 said:

You had better buckle your chin strap when tackling 7, hes a dog for sure.  MJ, whats his stats this year?  

I can only estimate, but he’s probably somewhere around 1200 yards rushing 12 tds. He only gets about 10-14 carries a game. He’s also blocked punts, extra points and field goals for Tds. All While missing the first game of the season. Our best playmaker for sure.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

37 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I can only estimate, but he’s probably somewhere around 1200 yards rushing 12 tds. He only gets about 10-14 carries a game. He’s also blocked punts, extra points and field goals for Tds. All While missing the first game of the season. Our best playmaker for sure.

I sure was impressed with him and 6 when we played you guys the first time. Nolensville and Page are both really good teams but I really believe MJ and WC are too. I hope we both take care of business so we see if you stand behind that 17 point prediction you made earlier ;) Good luck Friday! Let’s repeat one of the most entertaining games of the year next week.

9 hours ago, Preachervol71 said:

I sure was impressed with him and 6 when we played you guys the first time. Nolensville and Page are both really good teams but I really believe MJ and WC are too. I hope we both take care of business so we see if you stand behind that 17 point prediction you made earlier ;) Good luck Friday! Let’s repeat one of the most entertaining games of the year next week.

I’m rooting for WC, they seem to be playing well as the underdog. No one can stop Dowell or pinion. How great would it be to have a quarterfinal matchup between MJ and WC.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Like 2