Football regions are out

mondo44

16 minutes ago, TremblingCat said:

I believe we're pretty good what team do you claim? I eat at the soup kitchen once a week. I'm always scared the soup will be to hot. 

C'mon now Trembling,  you are not an OR fan, nobody's buying it.  Your team was last, 0-5 in the region.  

and that would be "too" hot.  

Edited by oridgecat

Just now, TremblingCat said:

Yes because my cousin now coaches there. I follow the OR threads now and have attended several games. 

"A panther when in the wild will shake uncontrollably before he makes the attack or when he is on watch from impending danger. This is because panthers have a overload of adrenaline in their body."  

This is where the term "scaredy cat" originated from. I didn't even put two and two together with OR being the wildcats to be honest until is was brought up. 

Saw a release from the T$$AA that said that "over 20" schools have appealed their proposed region placement.  

I've also been told that one Knoxville area private has petitioned to be moved from D2 to D1, but I am not sure what the criteria to do that would be.  Given the particular school it would be hard for them to make a legit case, IMO.  

43 minutes ago, HTV said:

Saw a release from the T$$AA that said that "over 20" schools have appealed their proposed region placement.  

I've also been told that one Knoxville area private has petitioned to be moved from D2 to D1, but I am not sure what the criteria to do that would be.  Given the particular school it would be hard for them to make a legit case, IMO.  

When the private school are being forced to travel from Chattanooga to Nashville and Nashville to Memphis for region games something is wrong with the system.  I totally understand why the public and private schools were split but things are way out of hand.  Let’s put everyone back together into 4 classifications and require the following:

1.  All private schools that offer financial aid or work study must play in AAA or AAAA

2.  No private schools, magnet schools or charter schools in A

This would fix a majority of the travel issues that we are currently experiencing along with solving the travel problems which in turn should assist with financial issues.  

The only other thing that should be done is to require all students that have established an athletic record to sit out one full season if they transfer to boarding schools.  This business of boarding schools going out a finding the best players across the USA and Canada and they are eligible immediately must stop.