Oak Ridge Wildcats 22 - 23

boyfromsi

23 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Rdge took down Powell tonight 67 - 53. If I heard correctly, the Wildcats graduated their Top 7 players from last year but Coach Green has them playing stellar underfeated  basketball so far.

You would be correct.  Powell is much better than their record.  However, their lack of depth is hurting them.  They looked really tired at the end of the game.  I thought we played a great second half and finished out the game well.  Fun team to watch, everyone should come out and see them!

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Rdge took down Powell tonight 67 - 53. If I heard correctly, the Wildcats graduated their Top 7 players from last year but Coach Green has them playing stellar underfeated  basketball so far.

Coach Green is the best.He lost his top 4 or 5 the yr before that.They will have to play great tonight to get a win but I feel confident he will have them on a different level by end of year.This team has a lot of room to grow and will only get better 

• Like 1

Did anybody have a clue Oak Ridge would be this good at this point in the season? 

I knew Coach Green was a great Coach and would put a fundamentally sound team on the court by seasons end but he is doing it with guys with limited varsity playing time. This team is quickly becoming one of my favorite teams of all time. 

Brightharp's DEFENSE and 28 points against Cleveland...just WOW! I had never ever heard of him. Most of the team is still new to me and I am having a blast getting to know them on the court.

Oak Ridge plays Hampton on Dec. 27, 1:30, in the Renasant Bank Christmas Tournament in Maryville.

Hampton last season was 27 - 9 and made it to the Class 1A State Semifinals.

This season they are 8 - 3 with loses to Kingsport DB and two Flerida teams.

Also in the OR /  Hampton bracket are Maryville vs Lenior City.

The Upper Bracket is Farragut vs Sevier County and Stone Memorial vs Sequoyah.

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge plays Hampton on Dec. 27, 1:30, in the Renasant Bank Christmas Tournament in Maryville.

Hampton last season was 27 - 9 and made it to the Class 1A State Semifinals.

This season they are 8 - 3 with loses to Kingsport DB and two Flerida teams.

Also in the OR /  Hampton bracket are Maryville vs Lenior City.

The Upper Bracket is Farragut vs Sevier County and Stone Memorial vs Sequoyah.

Got to watch Hampton play South Greene a couple weeks ago, they are good for Class A. Oak Ridge should have no problem with them though. Hampton’s coach is letting them play some better competition this year with DB, the Florida schools and now this tournament.  Need to be able to play 32+ mins come Feb. and you can’t do that when playing bad teams and your starters on the bench halfway in the 3rd.