6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

1 minute ago, wave88 said:

This game didn’t go the way I saw it.  I thought Oakland would pull away late because of how physical and talented they are.  I just didn’t see Beech giving up like this.  Still have a running clock 4th quarter to play.  WOW!

As a fellow sumner county guy we all silently hoped beech would lose. Thought it would be closer. 

Oakland is a force. They could match up in close games with most of the top teams in the nation. 
Cpa game had to be a fluke 

still can’t believe that one 

• Like 1

Just now, BarnBurner09 said:

As a fellow sumner county guy we all silently hoped beech would lose. Thought it would be closer. 

Oakland is a force. They could match up in close games with most of the top teams in the nation. 
Cpa game had to be a fluke 

still can’t believe that one 

I know everyone mentions the loss to CPA, but there were a few things that led to that result. 

Oakland was on fall break that week. It was a Thursday night game sandwiched between 2 big region games for Oakland, I believe Creasy called it a trap game. They came out flat that night and CPA punched them in the mouth. They weren’t able to respond that night like they usually do. At the end of the day, it was probably the best thing that could have happened to them at the time

Just now, jhawk23 said:

I know everyone mentions the loss to CPA, but there were a few things that led to that result. 

Oakland was on fall break that week. It was a Thursday night game sandwiched between 2 big region games for Oakland, I believe Creasy called it a trap game. They came out flat that night and CPA punched them in the mouth. They weren’t able to respond that night like they usually do. At the end of the day, it was probably the best thing that could have happened to them at the time

For sure. That game led me to think beech could match up. No one in this state can match up with the game oakland played tonight. 

hinestly would say Oakland 42-21 if they played a full strength lipscomb academy 

Just now, wave88 said:

If I were Lipscomb Academy, I’m making contact with both Creasy and Crabtree for their opening.  Both have the skins on the wall for that job.

I don’t know if either coach leaves. Wouldn’t hate seeing Crabtree go this senior class for him would be a good way to go out. Creasy just has the reload option. 
Crabtree to LA would be wild. 

i don’t think anyone saw this coming. not even the biggest oakland faithful knew it would be this bad. Beech was there, 4 yard away from potentially tying it on a great opening drive in the second half. That stop and the ensuing 88 yard run, ended the game. Beech had no gas left in the tank after that. 

Just now, jhawk23 said:

I don’t think Creasy would do that but I would make him tell me no

Agreed. Rumors from Clay Travis they paid Dilfer over a milly. 
would be a lucrative offer hard to refuse for any coach

and free hair cuts 

https://www.outkick.com/trent-dilfer-lipscomb-academy-salary-contract-facility-cost-barber-shop-football-tennessee/

Just now, Bump11 said:

i don’t think anyone saw this coming. not even the biggest oakland faithful knew it would be this bad. Beech was there, 4 yard away from potentially tying it on a great opening drive in the second half. That stop and the ensuing 88 yard run, ended the game. Beech had no gas left in the tank after that. 

Beech has nothing to be ashamed of. Oakland has done this to many a team

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1