6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

19 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

Pretty sure it's a made up name that's supposed to be part of a "dirty joke" now that I think about it. He posted something similar on another thread. As far as I know, Oakland doesn't have any additional injuries other than ones they already had prior to last week

I am still not sold on the physicality of Oakland's defense.  A good running game can gash them and create long drives that eat up the clock. This is the only area of weakness that I see with their club.

Edited by Augustus

On 11/25/2022 at 11:57 PM, BarnBurner09 said:

Yea. You stuck in the past. Lmao. Beech has capable talent and backfield. Courtney and Johnson. They have good talent with that line. 

Oakland has tons of playmakers and great lines too. 

The Beexh Defense has to play sound. Oakland can’t just walk in and expect an easy win. I know they won’t. 
Both Creasy and Crabtree will have their teams ready and it’s not gonna be easy. 

I don’t remember Hurd being a elite D player… 
Cmon J Sampson  

let’s talk current team please and give these young men credit. They are the best two teams in 6A 

Jalen Hurd not elite? He was the best High  School Running Back I ever seen in the State of Tennessee . He was good at UT.  The greatest performance in a State Championship game I ever seen was by Jalen Hurd. 7TDs and 400 yds rushing. 

• Upvote 1

With the way both teams run the Football I expect this game to last an hour and a half.  I think Beech will have success running the ball on Oakland.  I don't think Beech will stop Oakland from scoring a bunch of points.  Oakland has a good Oline and Running Backs that can fly. Maryville played against Alcoa and West who will more than likely win State in their classification.  Both teams have speed but nowhere near the speed Oakland has.  

2 hours ago, Booger said:

this game will be closer than most folks be think....what does closer mean is what yall would ask Booger....

....Oakland is gonna cross that goal line 5 to 6 times....trust Booger on that.....this will be a decent intanglement in the trenches....what will get lost in the ruckess is Hendersonvilles ability to match star power and big plays....the Bucs will only manage at a max 4 crossins of that goal line durin the climax contest of the Blue Cross Gold Ball chellenges at Finley sauturday night....

...Beech has had a incredible season in 22...but will only win one trophy this weekend....best football name on a roster....Bronco Hanks

....Creasy and his Patriots have takin over Maryvilles dominent spot and leave chattanooga with their 3rd Gold Ball in a row

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb:

first and foremost, don’t ever refer to Beech as “Hendersonville”. Them’s fightin words. 

second, if you’re guaranteeing Oakland scores 40, i think that’s a little high. Beech is very physical and very good in the trenches, as well as probably having the best defensive player on the field. i think this game is a race to 30-35ish. Oakland is the favorite for good reason. but disrespecting Beech is not a good idea. 

37 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

first and foremost, don’t ever refer to Beech as “Hendersonville”. Them’s fightin words. 

second, if you’re guaranteeing Oakland scores 40, i think that’s a little high. Beech is very physical and very good in the trenches, as well as probably having the best defensive player on the field. i think this game is a race to 30-35ish. Oakland is the favorite for good reason. but disrespecting Beech is not a good idea. 

Boogers always in for good tussle....

...go back and do a reread Bump....Booger called Oakland on 5 or 6 goal line crossins.......if math of Booger be right..Booger thinkin 5x6=30...plus them balls tween the uprights makes it 36....thats if he makes'em all.....so why didnt Bump11 just say Bump11 agreed with Booger

....the Bucs got some outstandin performers on the team no doubt.....but Bump11 gotta help ole Booger out and tell Booger which Bucs player is the best Defensive player on the field for that contest...

....Booger thinkin that pickin Oakland over anybody aint bein disrespectful....even that deservin Hendersonville team

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Booger said:

Boogers always in for good tussle....

...go back and do a reread Bump....Booger called Oakland on 5 or 6 goal line crossins.......if math of Booger be right..Booger thinkin 5x6=30...plus them balls tween the uprights makes it 36....thats if he makes'em all.....so why didnt Bump11 just say Bump11 agreed with Booger

....the Bucs got some outstandin performers on the team no doubt.....but Bump11 gotta help ole Booger out and tell Booger which Bucs player is the best Defensive player on the field for that contest...

....Booger thinkin that pickin Oakland over anybody aint bein disrespectful....even that deservin Hendersonville team

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

i don’t agree though. you said 5-6 so 36-42. im saying 4-5 so 28-35. 

The guy with the best name will also be the best defensive player on the field. Beech has the athletes to keep up, it’s just a matter of if they execute. Picking Oakland to win isn’t the disrespectful part. I’ve already admitted they deserve to be favorites. The 5-6 tuddies is the questionable part. This could very well be the best and most complete TEAM that Oakland has played all year. Outside of maybe CPA, but i think Beech can beat them too. 

now booger just tryin to stir the pot. 

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

The guy with the best name will also be the best defensive player on the field. Beech has the athletes to keep up, it’s just a matter of if they execute. Picking Oakland to win isn’t the disrespectful part. I’ve already admitted they deserve to be favorites. The 5-6 tuddies is the questionable part. This could very well be the best and most complete TEAM that Oakland has played all year. Outside of maybe CPA, but i think Beech can beat them too. 

MRA from Mississippi, Maryville Blackman All presented different challenges to Oakland and I Don't see anything that Beech has that would separate them from any of those teams.  MRA was a very good Coached team out of Madison Ridge who made another State Run this year after winning Mississippi State Championship last year Big, fast Physical. Maryville is as disciplined and well coached a team as thee is in Tennessee. Blackman has more elite athletes and was a one score ball game midway through the 3rd qtr . Beech will not out athlete Oakland, They might match in the trenches for a minute, but 2,3 qtrs in and Oakland is platooning players with no real drop off and Beech will not be able to keep up. As far as discipline Oakland can make some mistakes, but they don't let you hold them captive to them for any length of time . Oakland picks up steam 3rd qtr and rolls away with it 

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

Booger lookin forward to this contest...

...Beeches #13 has been fun to observe on film for sure...and #13 has offers from which power 5 teams ?.....

.....does he go by another name...cause couldnt locate him on any of the recuitin sites

Booger just sayin :???:

35 minutes ago, Booger said:

Booger lookin forward to this contest...

...Beeches #13 has been fun to observe on film for sure...and #13 has offers from which power 5 teams ?.....

.....does he go by another name...cause couldnt locate him on any of the recuitin sites

Booger just sayin :???:

just because someone isn’t heavily recruited doesn’t mean anything. some guys just don’t get the exposure others do. Look up a guy by the name of Josh Allen and see how many offers he had. Or another that goes by Cooper Kupp. And theres plenty more. What a website says doesn’t decide how good you are on the field. The only guy that might be better is Collins at corner for Oakland.