6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

12 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Beech got beat by Farragut, think again. 

12 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Maybe, but any team that took a L to Farragut shouldn't scare Oakland what so ever. 

lmao a team who was wrecked a month ago by 6 loss CPA…which is a lot sooner than the farragut game i might add…the same CPA team who just so happened to get beaten by a Cane Ridge team that Beech slaughtered a couple of weeks ago…they should be the scary ones…?

Oakland is favored as they should be..but trying to say that Beech has no chance because of a loss to Farragut is asinine. 

Edited by Bump11

10 hours ago, eers said:

Johnson’s stats for tonight:

22 carries
301 yards
4 TDs
Blocked punt for a TD

So, yeah, him playing makes a difference. 

Ok , why didn’t someone just say this earlier, that first game against Farragut makes a lot more sense now . Us guys on the other side of the State don’t know the details that make a difference. Hope it’s an entertaining game ! 

Edited by pepvol

13 hours ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Oakland lost to CPA … idk what is your point!?

this is a mirror game to me 

Both teams want to establish the Line and establish the run

Both teams have one play and they’re gone. 

It’s who can play 48 minutes non stop and eliminate the mistakes (fumbles picks bad penalty’s)

I think it’ll be fun. 

Losing to CPA is a lot different than losing to Farragut lmao.

11 minutes ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

Losing to CPA is a lot different than losing to Farragut lmao.

how so..? how is losing to a 6 loss team who was beaten by a team we boat raced, any better than losing week ONE without our best player..?

Is CPA better than Farragut? probably..but we KNOW Cane Ridge is better than CPA…there’s hard physical evidence of that. And like i said, we beat the snot out of Cane Ridge. So…… (insert shoulder shrug emoji here)

Edited by Bump11

28 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Ok , why didn’t someone just say this earlier, that first game against Farragut makes a lot more sense now . Us guys on the other side of the State don’t know the details that make a difference. Hope it’s an entertaining game ! 

The reason this was not mentioned is that we don’t like to make excuses. Beech lost, learned from it and moved on. I too hope it’s an entertaining game. Beech will have its hands full on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, tandem said:

The reason this was not mentioned is that we don’t like to make excuses. Beech lost, learned from it and moved on. I too hope it’s an entertaining game. Beech will have its hands full on Saturday. 

Yup. No excuses. Beech gets better as the year goes on. Every year they get better with every game. Id expect the best Bucs team we’ve seen all year next saturday. 

11 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Been wanting Oakland to play Beech for a long time just 2 well coached teams that love to run the football. At first glance, I see this playing out like Oakland's title game last year did. I think the Patriots have a few more athletes and are a little bit better on the defensive side of the ball

I've seen both teams twice this season, and will politely disagree that Oakland is better on defense. I think both defenses are equally tough, and physical, with the Beech backers of 0 & 13 being better than the Patriots as far as physicality goes. I think Oakland is better in the secondary with 5 leading them, but Beech isn't going to try to throw it much. 

Where Oakland has the advantage and what I think will be the difference in the game is overall team speed. Oakland has more of it and more potential to make big strike plays, where as Beech will have to grind it out on the ground with their Maryland I and power game with 7 & 26 and their QB's.  

Coaching here will be a fun one, because both coaches have multiple titles to their credit and will likely have great game plans for this one.  

I think it's a good game, Oakland pulls away late for the win.

10 minutes ago, MisterFootball said:

I've seen both teams twice this season, and will politely disagree that Oakland is better on defense. I think both defenses are equally tough, and physical, with the Beech backers of 0 & 13 being better than the Patriots as far as physicality goes. I think Oakland is better in the secondary with 5 leading them, but Beech isn't going to try to throw it much. 

Where Oakland has the advantage and what I think will be the difference in the game is overall team speed. Oakland has more of it and more potential to make big strike plays, where as Beech will have to grind it out on the ground with their Maryland I and power game with 7 & 26 and their QB's.  

Coaching here will be a fun one, because both coaches have multiple titles to their credit and will likely have great game plans for this one.  

I think it's a good game, Oakland pulls away late for the win.

Good chance I was showing a little bias with that statement. Agree with pretty much everything you said. Going to be a good old fashioned smasmouth matchup 

3 hours ago, JustinBuck said:

Is he getting any college looks?

Not what I think he should, but it has picked up.  I have been around this game for a while and have spent quite a bit of time talking with college coaches over the years. He checks the boxes (strong, fast, physical). It’s a bit of a head scratcher. 

• Like 1