Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

1 hour ago, JPlunkett77 said:

Which alumni has Gallatin ran away? Joslin and Lassiter are they only two alumni that have been head coaches. I agree, Coach Joslin may have gotten done wrong, but Lassiter retired on his own accord. Williams and Watson were not from Gallatin. Please, enlighten us. 

Joslin, Lassiter, Brent Alexander, Dewayne Alexander, heck even Dewayne's son ran to coach at Beech a few years ago and left Gallatin. Pissed off Lassiter when his pick was Brent and he was never offered the job

8 minutes ago, middletn said:

Joslin, Lassiter, Brent Alexander, Dewayne Alexander, heck even Dewayne's son ran to coach at Beech a few years ago and left Gallatin. Pissed off Lassiter when his pick was Brent and he was never offered the job

The biggest mistake they could have ever made from a coaching standpoint was not going ALL IN to get Alexander. Now he has gone across town and beat them the last two years with way less talent. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

You first said the school board is a bunch of old Gallatin alumni…. False.  That assertion led you to state other issues which Gallatin has no control over.  Now you’re saying teachers left Gallatin High School for Liberty Creek… who name them?  Ask any lawyer in Sumner Co which kids are seen in court more often, it’s the kids that have the money in Hendersonville and Beech.  Don’t believe me go ask them!!  Do Gallatin kids have issues and do bad things, yes they do but don’t act like Gallatin is exclusive in this.  C’mon man do better than that!!  To answer a few of your bad examples, the hazing issue at Station Camp and the Beech/Hville rash of taking trophies to fights with pellet guns.  Who is the leading runningback at Pope, a Gallatin kid.  All Gallatin sports are bad…check out the basketball teams bud!!  Just sit and watch how many apply for the job once it’s posted.  I guess 4 years ago over 100 did not apply?  You’re wasting everybody’s time.  

Who brought up disciplinary actions? Cause I brought up academics. If you're wanting to bring up disciplinary... that was an issue with Station Camp what 5 years ago? Since then no incidents to my recollection. Hendersonville shot a Beech kid with a pellet gun.. the Hendersonville kids weren't even athletes at Hendersonville, just students. How about last year when Gallatin football players destroyed and stole property at Station Camp's facilities? And congratulations, you listed the one Gallatin player that went to Pope in the last 5 years. Station Camp, Beech, and Hendersonville lose 10+ a year and you're still losing to them. 

6 minutes ago, tubthumper said:

Some insider info here and quite shocking news is that Boffa was the predetermined hire before Watson resigned. He's always wanted the job and will undoubtedly do well at Gallatin since he is a top tier coach with a winning record. Has won 3 titles at 2 different schools. 

?

22 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I hope you’re wrong, but to say TP would not be a good fit… blasphemy. Gallatin has struggled with fitness, weight room , and the obvious scheme issues on offense above all. TP focuses more than any coach I know on Weight room and fitness levels. That in itself would improve Gallatin probably immediately.. as for the Scheme issues… it can’t get any worse.

During the offseason TP spent a lot of effort in sport psychology classes for himself and his players to learn how to win again after losing 6 in a row. Theres A lot of good things I can say about TP. He would hands down be one of the top options at Gallatin. With that being Said that would be a terrible day if he did.

Hire a guy who needed a sports psychologist because he couldn’t coach well enough to win any of the last 6 games. Now that’s a sales pitch I’ve never heard before.