Region 1A 22-23

AllenAdams2201

1 hour ago, creekerballer said:

Yeah, he was a senior in 07 I think. Good ball player and great shooter. Didn’t get rattled easily. Played at Lees-McRae after UH and I think he’s like 4th or 5th in 3 point baskets made all time there or maybe in a season. Not sure exactly, but he’s up there in top 5 in one of those categories at least. 

Oh wow, sounds like dude could play!

10 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Creeker Ball can you give me a prediction on where Unaka’s boys and girls will finish in the region this year. Heard that Cloudland girls are awfully good this season. Does UH have a D1 girl. I’ve been reading about a great player this class. 

The boys are improving, they just don’t have that one person that can go get a basket when you need it. I don’t see see Hampton winning by any less than 20 on Friday. They might at some point give UH or NG a game, but not sure they can get past anyone other than maybe Cloudland. 

The girls have to get someone to step up along side Ramsey. She is amazing, but teams are literally double teaming her the length of the floor and are willing to play 3 on 4 the rest of the way and they are successful at doing it. Right now, unless a team is foolish enough to guard Ramsey straight up, the girls will struggle. 

17 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

The boys are improving, they just don’t have that one person that can go get a basket when you need it. I don’t see see Hampton winning by any less than 20 on Friday. They might at some point give UH or NG a game, but not sure they can get past anyone other than maybe Cloudland. 

The girls have to get someone to step up along side Ramsey. She is amazing, but teams are literally double teaming her the length of the floor and are willing to play 3 on 4 the rest of the way and they are successful at doing it. Right now, unless a team is foolish enough to guard Ramsey straight up, the girls will struggle. 

Thanks for the insight. It’s difficult to get a read on the teams in region 1 in these posts. 

Having seen three of the District 1 girls teams in that Sullivan East tournament a couple of weeks ago, I will say that Cloudland was really good and the other two (North Greene and Unaka) were not so much.  

I feel for Ramsey but admire that she stuck around for her senior season.  I was told at that tournament that Science Hill tried hard to woo her to transfer but she stayed at Unaka.

1 hour ago, creekerballer said:

I bet Unaka will just keep improving, that man Dugger can coach.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:22 AM, crazzyness said:

Brandon Bradley I believe... Lord it's been 20 years, can't remember too much. 6'6-6'7 and strong. Did most his work in the post. Was all-state that season. Surely he went somewhere NAIA or D3 to play ball, but I can't remember. If you defended him physically and harassed him, you could get in his head and throw off his game. Which is one reason Unaka and Cloudland both beat them twice that year. Both those teams played hard and tenacious in your face defense back in those days. Their post players played mean, like football linemen. 

Wow that takes me back. I remember when I first moved to East Tennessee with my nephew back in the later part of 99. He went to UH and we would go to a lot of basketball games together. Brandon Bradley really rung a bell in memory lane for me. Any games of his we went to felt like we were watching greatness unfold. If we couldn't make it to a game, we would still see his name in the paper. That kid was the TRUTH, he was always the best player on the court.

22 minutes ago, CharlesGabrial1982 said:

I saw on twitter that North Greene beat Cosby by 26 on the road.  Also saw that Britton had 28 points, pretty impressive win to get at Cosby especially since it's a pretty hard place to win at.

Yepp it was not close at all. Cosby looked the part but were not very impressive at all. Britton didn’t attempt a 3 pointer and had several offensive rebounds. It looked like Cosby didn’t want nothing to do with being physical. District 1 could sweep the regional 

3 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Where’s the Ramsey girl playing college ball. I’d assume that she’s been offered. 

She’s not committed. She had an offer from ETSU, before the coaching change. Coach from Campbell University was in to see her and think wanted her to visit campus, but idk if there was an offer. UVA-Wise seems like they really have her as a priority. Illinois-Springfield offered her.  Several other NAIA and D2 offers I believe outside of those mentioned. 

Edited by creekerballer