Region 1A 22-23

AllenAdams2201

7 hours ago, creekerballer said:

She’s not committed. She had an offer from ETSU, before the coaching change. Coach from Campbell University was in to see her and think wanted her to visit campus, but idk if there was an offer. UVA-Wise seems like they really have her as a priority. Illinois-Springfield offered her.  Several other NAIA and D2 offers I believe outside of those mentioned. 

I hope she is able to stay home and play for ETSU. Anyone know what happened to the twins from Betsy that went there several years ago. 

On 12/8/2022 at 7:48 AM, creekerballer said:

The boys are improving, they just don’t have that one person that can go get a basket when you need it. I don’t see see Hampton winning by any less than 20 on Friday. They might at some point give UH or NG a game, but not sure they can get past anyone other than maybe Cloudland. 

The girls have to get someone to step up along side Ramsey. She is amazing, but teams are literally double teaming her the length of the floor and are willing to play 3 on 4 the rest of the way and they are successful at doing it. Right now, unless a team is foolish enough to guard Ramsey straight up, the girls will struggle. 

Was able to catch the Unaka-Hampton game Friday.  Unaka boys started out keeping pace with Hampton for a couple minutes, they looked a little out of shape by the middle of second quarter, of course Hampton was running the floor and full court D also causing them some issues.  Hampton was able to sub in and out very frequently without letting down on intensity or scoring. 
Ramsey girl scored 21 of the 24 points that Unaka tallied. Rest of team looked rough and made lots of mental mistakes.  Hopefully someone on that team can step up and help Ramsey out.