TYNER

GeneralForrest

Gameday and I am thankful to have one more chance to watch the 2022 Tyner Rams play football.  They are a talented, senior led group that has been well coached and works hard to prepare for every game.  Coach Chandler and his staff have done an amazing job weekly prepping the team.  The coaches love the players and the players love one another and the brotherhood built is something that will last them all a lifetime.

The defense this year has given up 100 points in 14 games - 7 points a game.  Against 2A competition they have only allowed 45 points in 9 games with 5 of the 9 being shut outs. One touchdown each in the playoffs by Westmoreland and Trousdale were scored against the defensive backups during running clock time at the end of games so the starting rotation has allowed only 31 points in 9 2A games.  Pretty impressive to me.  I am guessing that Riverside will have to score as many points against the Rams starters today as they have given up all year against 2A competition to beat them.

The offense has been equally impressive scoring 538 points in 14 games (around 38/game)  Similar point average against the 2A teams in those 9 games.  Mr. Football finalist, QB Josh Jackson has thrown for over 3200 yards and 38 touchdowns - with most of this being in the first half of games.  A deep and athletic group of receivers and backs have proven to be a threat to score on almost any play.

Regardless of some folks trying to denigrate the team and their competition- the 2022 Rams have frankly been dominant statistically this year and I think they have a great chance to win a gold ball today in the state championship.  Whether they finish the mission  or not - they are incredible young men that are well coached. Go Rams - let's finish this thing!!!

• Like 1

No one is denigrating the team.   Those are some good numbers - especially the QB.   I wish all Tyner fans had your attention to detail.   And I get cheering for your team. Believe me. 

Tyner as favorite is completely understandable.  Ignoring the East being down and 5 of their opponents combining for 9 wins is just avoiding the obvious.   It's a message board.  Nothing should be off limits.   

1 minute ago, rlh said:

This post is hot garbage.  Regardless of your affiliation, you are talking about kids. 

I will apologize this dude/kid is from ER, I guarantee you he is the only person that feels this way. He has 4 different accounts in coach T. Much respect towards you guys from 99% of ER community. Good luck today! 

1 minute ago, rlh said:

This post is hot garbage.  Regardless of your affiliation, you are talking about kids. 

What exactly is the difference in my opinion and the author of this post? Mine was more to the point, yes, but I didn't single out one kid, not really my style. I hope you, Mr. Perfect, have never said anything negative on here in your 11,000 posts.