Baylor vs MBA T$$AA D2-AAA Gold Ball Contest

Booger

15 hours ago, 10iSeeBall said:

Give me a break. MBA scored on a TD where a penalty flag was thrown for personal foul but was called a dead ball penalty. Clearly not a dead ball penalty. Should have negated TD. 

Baylor won fair and square. Better team. 

Pretty astute analysis. The officials didn't determine this one. Not sure one team is better than the other, but that's not really the point, is it? The game goes to whoever scores more points. I'm an old MBA alumnus, so obviously I'd have enjoyed a different outcome. But as a student of the game, I enjoyed it immensely. Good teams, well-coached and well-disciplined, and a clean game. If you love football, this was a great one.

7 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Great game even despite the refs.  I saw a post that it was the same crew that worked the McCallie/MBA game during the season @ McCallie.  If this is true then it explains it.  MBA won even with the horrible calls.  I watched it on YouTube and was done with that crew when MBA hit back in the flat who took it about 70 yds.  When the RB had gone about 40 or 50 yds the line judge threw the flag for holding in the backfield.  Pitiful!

The officials last night were from the Blount County Football Officials Association.