Attendance this weekend at Finley stadium.

Madddog2020

3 hours ago, jhawk23 said:

I honestly don't know if hosting them in a more centralized location would help that much with attendance numbers. I'm sure it would help some but I wouldn't expect a drastic improvement. Nowadays there are more ways than ever of being able to watch/stream games online, I honestly prefer watching at home myself just from the standpoint of being able to see the action better. 

I agree. Seems like attendance is just down all around even in the playoffs because you can just watch from home now

12 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Don't get me wrong, Chattanooga is a great place to host this event and they offer everything one needs to enjoy themselves.  If I had a pick, this would be my venue. Of course I'm biased as most folks are. It's just that I was a bit disappointed in the attendance numbers. 

The truth of the matter is that it's just too far. I'm the last guy you'd expect to take that position as I don't mind a good long drive at all, but driving over/watching games/driving home just isn't manageable in one day. I have driven to Cookeville with no team that I couldn't care less if won playing that day, watched multiple games, and driven back home just because I love the game at this level... three plus hours each way. I really would have liked to see McKenzie and Riverside in person, but just wouldn't pull the trigger even with family on the field for the Panthers. Just too far for "casual" fans (not directly associated with a participant) to do for enjoyment.

Total attendance 2021 - 29,517*  

Paid attendance - 27,052         

*Includes media, state coaches association passes. 

Attendance per day:

Thursday - 10,211 

Friday - 8,510   

Saturday - 10,796   

Total tickets sold for previous years: 

2020 - 20,193   

2019 - 21,765   

2018 - 18,342   

2017 - 20,592   

2016 - 17,556

I haven't seen anything for this year or subsequent years.

On 12/10/2022 at 9:59 AM, BBRaider said:

AHSAA rotates between Tuscaloosa & Auburn both have Natural Grass, no reason TSSAA cant rotate between Titans Stadium and Neyland Stadium until the New Titan Stadium gets built. A lot of these teams home field is better than Finley Stadium. 

HS Teams have a better stadium than Finley? Seriously. Finley can easily seat 30K and has a great field and facilities. Not to mention easy access and parking. 
You talking about Moore Co? Maybe i need to come check out your stadium.