Stole Mr. Football

Warrior0318

12 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

It's a TSSAA award they have more input than they let on. Character listed no sports writer going know most of these kids but officials do. They do report problem teams and players conduct  to TSSAA weekly. 

Tell us more.  Feel free to provide evidence for your conspiracies.

27 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Season Individual Records

All Purpose Running Yards in a Season (Includes Rushing, Receiving, Punt Returns, KO Returns, and Interception or Fumble Returns)
Gary Meadows Meigs County 3630
Jalen Hurd Beech 3575
Franklin Payne University School of Jackson 3342
Andre Sterling Farragut 2835
Da'Joun Hewitt Davidson Academy 2648
Tanner Thomas Farragut 2476
LaQuinton Wells Dyer County 2417
Da'Joun Hewitt Davidson Academy 2409
Jeff Norman Moore County 2250
T.J. Sheffield Independence 2041

Nope.  Another fabrication.  Yall just live in a fantasy world?  It has nothing to do with changing times.  Maybe everyone was mediocre that one season... but not as a general trend.

What's got you so pressed? We are talking about regular season rushing yards (10 games). Majority of players on this list played 15 games the season they are listed for. Jalen Hurd's year he rushed for 2,211 through 10 games. Both Dowell's and Bishop's numbers were greater than that through 10 games. Give either Dowell or Bishop 15 games and I'm sure they would both be toping that list.  Not only that you pulled the list of All Purpose Yards that the award is not based off.

Edited by sumcofootball

1 minute ago, sumcofootball said:

What's got you so pressed? We are talking about regular season rushing yards (10 games). Majority of players on this list played 15 games the season they are listed for. Jalen Hurd's year he rushed for 2,211 through 10 games. Both Dowell's and Bishop's numbers were greater than that through 10 games. Give either Dowell or Bishop 15 games and I'm sure they would both be toping that list. 

try to read the whole thread so you can follow along.  

3 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Tell us more.  Feel free to provide evidence for your conspiracies.

Just my thoughts no conspiracy, Spears replied to a lady last night on Twitter about the award is also academic and character. Does any of these media outlets know these kids grades or character issues ? 

11 hours ago, sumcofootball said:

There has to be some better way for the voting though, however I don’t know what that would be. Bishop has the offers and a historic career, yet Dowell had one of the top three single season rushing yards in Tennessee history. Both were well deserving. Seems like they voted Bishop for his career instead of the year. I feel that if Dowell was playing in a bigger market like Middle TN then he would’ve had more votes, which sucks for the kid.

OK, so explain to me how Mr. Football is selected.  

I am aware of how it is done.  Don't believe that most people, are, however.  

1 minute ago, HTV said:

OK, so explain to me how Mr. Football is selected.  

I am aware of how it is done.  Don't believe that most people, are, however.  

"A committee of statewide sports writers selected winners based on performance in the 2022 regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration. High school head coaches and members of the media nominated the finalists." 

So if that is the case, how does a player with 275 yards and 8 TDs more on 42 less carries and one less game in the 2022 regular season not get the award? 

2 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

"A committee of statewide sports writers selected winners based on performance in the 2022 regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration. High school head coaches and members of the media nominated the finalists." 

So if that is the case, how does a player with 275 yards and 8 TDs more on 42 less carries and one less game in the 2022 regular season not get the award? 

Grades and character? I don't know the kid at all, but that would be where I'd look.

Edited by ILB1999WHS

2 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

That is correct.  Contrary to popular belief it's not an award given to those who receive the most "votes".  Media and coaches nominate individuals, and those nominations are tabulated and then the semi-finalists selected. From there an independent committee makes the selection, and none of those can have any ties to schools or nominees.    

It's not a popular vote.  

2 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Grades and character? I don't know the kid at all, but that would be where I'd look.

I don't know him, either, but those are factors in the choices. 

And it's supposed to be a one-year award, as well, with previous years stats not factored into the equation.  

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

That is correct.  Contrary to popular belief it's not an award given to those who receive the most "votes".  Media and coaches nominate individuals, and those nominations are tabulated and then the semi-finalists selected. From there an independent committee makes the selection, and none of those can have any ties to schools or nominees.    

It's not a popular vote.  

Thanks again Bill for filling us in once again on a process you have never taken part in before but no a guy who has.  We will take your word for it.  Hope this doesn't get me ignored

5 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Thanks again Bill for filling us in once again on a process you have never taken part in before but no a guy who has.  We will take your word for it.  Hope this doesn't get me ignored

Young Buck, I have been asked to and have sent in a nomination ballot every year since the late 90s.  

And although I haven't been one of the selection committee members, I am friends with a couple who are part of that process.  Just because I am retired from active media doesn't mean that I don't still have friends in media and coaching.  

But whatever floats your boat, YB.  

Edited by HTV