Stole Mr. Football

Warrior0318

2 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

No one said Dowell didn't win the award because he has bad grades or bad character. There was some discussion about those areas being part of the judging criteria, but I think you took it the wrong way. Either way, highly inappropriate to use the term "hood rat." No one said or implied anything of the sort about Dowell.

Well said, so he did just assume that others assumed.  ha ha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, footballgiant123 said:

Do not know anything about Dowell's character, but I have witnessed some questionable behavior from Bishop.  One game comes to mind when he "pretended" to be hurt only to do some pushups and flex once everyone was looking at him.  Too bad his "big head" could not propel his team further in the playoffs. 

This is a lame post.  You have no idea if he was hurt or not just cause he did pushups...

Do not know anything about Dowell's character, but I have witnessed some questionable behavior from Bishop.  One game comes to mind when he "pretended" to be hurt only to do some pushups and flex once everyone was looking at him.  Too bad his "big head" could not propel his team further in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

This is a lame post.  You have no idea if he was hurt or not just cause he did pushups...

Not to mention getting on here to slander a 17/18 year old kid is sad. 

"Questionable behavior" seems to be viewed differently in my view. By your standards, "questionable behavior" is anything from pushups, griddy or another in game gesture of fun/entertainment by teenagers. Further in the playoffs, Bishop took Karns to their first ever playoff victory in school history last year. But you're correct, should of at least gotten to round two to up the schools legacy. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

"Questionable behavior" seems to be viewed differently in my view. By your standards, "questionable behavior" is anything from pushups, griddy or another in game gesture of fun/entertainment by teenagers. Further in the playoffs, Bishop took Karns to their first ever playoff victory in school history last year. But you're correct, should of at least gotten to round two to up the schools legacy. 

People see and read into things what they want to see and read into according to their individual biases.  

Bishop is a good kid, and if that particular poster thinks that what he described is "bad character" he doesn't watch much football - from grasscutters to the NFL - these days.  

I'm an old fart and I don't particularly like a lot of it, either, but I am not naive enough to think that it's not a different day from what I prefer and that it exhibits "bad character".  

And I still stand by my thoughts that social media has completely changed the landscape, for better or worse.  

I would like to congratulate Walker Martinez as runner up in Mr.. Titian Football.  He is #1 in the state of Tennessee and maxprp has him #17 in the whole Nation. So the Gods above use a different scale in predicting the winners. You don't hear me complaining about anything.....on here that is. :) What more could we that love High School football want from a QB?

Edited by Mavericksinflight
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, eers said:

Serious question for everyone…

Is the award bases on stats or who is the better player?

If the answer is stats, Dowell deserved it. If it’s based on talent, I have to lean to Bishop. I watched film on both and I believe Bishop is the better player. 

A committee of statewide sports writers selected winners based on performance in the 2022 regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration.

That's straight from the website.

22 hours ago, eers said:

Serious question for everyone…

Is the award bases on stats or who is the better player?

If the answer is stats, Dowell deserved it. If it’s based on talent, I have to lean to Bishop. I watched film on both and I believe Bishop is the better player. 

Better player and Bishop was deemed the better player. Stats are skewed as they both beat up on a weak competition schedule.