Stole Mr. Football

Warrior0318

Do not know anything about Dowell's character, but I have witnessed some questionable behavior from Bishop.  One game comes to mind when he "pretended" to be hurt only to do some pushups and flex once everyone was looking at him.  Too bad his "big head" could not propel his team further in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Karns opposing teams record 46-65

White Co. opposing teams record 39-68

I only took the record of the teams from the regular season, numbers won't be equal due to opposing teams playoff records being in the total. 

Both had a favorable schedule in regards to playing weaker competition. 

And considering that during his 4 years at Karns, he played against teams that ended up winning the state championship twice and at least the semifinals all four years during the regular season I hardly think one could even begin to suggest that Bishop played against "weak" competition.  Regions 2 and 4 are in most years among the strongest 5A regions in the state.  

12 minutes ago, HTV said:

And considering that during his 4 years at Karns, he played against teams that ended up winning the state championship twice and at least the semifinals all four years during the regular season I hardly think one could even begin to suggest that Bishop played against "weak" competition.  Regions 2 and 4 are in most years among the strongest 5A regions in the state.  

Not disagreeing, as in my opinion the edge goes to East TN in regards to better overall competition among public schools. Think you missed the point in the numbers that neither played a tough schedule this year top to bottom. Edge to Karns for playing Powell. Most of the teams were sub .500

4 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Not disagreeing, as in my opinion the edge goes to East TN in regards to better overall competition among public schools. Think you missed the point in the numbers that neither played a tough schedule this year top to bottom. Edge to Karns for playing Powell. Most of the teams were sub .500

I think we're on the same wavelength.  Difference is that there is a difference between some "bad" teams and other "bad" teams.  It's all in who and where you play.  Most bad 5A teams from the Knoxville area would be very competitive in regions in other parts of the state.  

And I probably just confused you even more.  

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

And the Privates have the better overall football players among Tennessee schools

26 minutes ago, HTV said:

I think we're on the same wavelength.  Difference is that there is a difference between some "bad" teams and other "bad" teams.  It's all in who and where you play.  Most bad 5A teams from the Knoxville area would be very competitive in regions in other parts of the state.  

And I probably just confused you even more.  

I agree with that. A reason the gold balls come to East TN to live forever in public school. 

17 minutes ago, Nontypical said:

No several people said it. Look back and read

I've been involved in this entire thread, but I went back and looked just to humor you. Who implied that this kid had character issues? Just because Bobby mentioned the academic/character aspect of the award and which "media outlets know these kids grades or character issues" is just another conspiracy theory. He's the only one that played the character/academics card, but even he didn't call out this kid as a "problem."

So I guess by Bobby you mean "several people". Give me a break.

Edited by osunut2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Nontypical said:

No several people said it. Look back and read

No one said Dowell didn't win the award because he has bad grades or bad character. There was some discussion about those areas being part of the judging criteria, but I think you took it the wrong way. Either way, highly inappropriate to use the term "hood rat." No one said or implied anything of the sort about Dowell.

• Thanks 1