Dobyns-Bennett Football and next year's football schedule.

bdawg122712

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

7-3 is a best case scenario, with the 3 losses coming to Greeneville, Elizabethton and Science Hill.
Easy-peasy wins will be West Ridge, Morristown East, David Crockett, William Blount.
Tossups are Farragut, Jefferson County, Asheville

Seems like its been tough to get over the Science Hill game the last couple of years,  OR has Jefferson County the first game at home so I will get a good look at how they are. Probably big up front like they usually are, Farragut was a little down last year, could be a win for the Indians.

On 4/25/2023 at 12:29 PM, Cactus Jack said:

Seems like its been tough to get over the Science Hill game the last couple of years,  OR has Jefferson County the first game at home so I will get a good look at how they are. Probably big up front like they usually are, Farragut was a little down last year, could be a win for the Indians.

More like the last 10 years...    DB has only beaten Science Hill once since 2013.    A lot of those years I thought DB had the better team and should have won but for some reason they just continually choke against the Toppers.    My team (Boone) does the same thing, we beat SH every now and then but most years they win.

On 4/26/2023 at 2:57 PM, blazer1set said:

More like the last 10 years...    DB has only beaten Science Hill once since 2013.    A lot of those years I thought DB had the better team and should have won but for some reason they just continually choke against the Toppers.    My team (Boone) does the same thing, we beat SH every now and then but most years they win.

I'm not sure Science Hill has ever had a better team than DB. Maybe that first year that Christian was head coach SH had a better team, but DB actually won that game. Before this run by Science Hill DB had won 18 straight games between the two. I mark it down as not preparing your team for the opponent. DB can't forget the 18 game run and they are still ho-hum about playing the Toppers. Science Hill looks at it like it's their super bowl. They even fenagled their schedual to get an open date right before playing DB, getting an extra week to practice and sending the entire coaching staff to scout DB's game a week ahead. Thats how serious they are about it. Carter knows that if he goes 1-9 every year and that lone win is against DB, he's still got a job for life. Beating DB is their season. Amazing that DB's staff hasn't caught on yet. 

• 1 month later...

WaCoJaCo:

"I think DB had a 18 game win streak over SH before SH went on this run. But that was when Darrell Watson was the defensive coordinator. When Watson left it turned DB into an average program and they've never recovered. "

That is so true. We need another Darrell.  We don't need another "Joker" for head coach.

So where does being down from being down put DB? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 10:53 AM, blazer1set said:

7-3 is a best case scenario, with the 3 losses coming to Greeneville, Elizabethton and Science Hill.
Easy-peasy wins will be West Ridge, Morristown East, David Crockett, William Blount.
Tossups are Farragut, Jefferson County, Asheville

Betsy’s schedule is crazy. Hard to find schools willing to play. So they had to commit to more away games, giving them only 4 home and 6 away games. Road warriors for sure. Don’t play at the Bank until week 4. Six of their first 7 games will be on the road. Last three at home. Don’t expect home field advantage to mean anything by the time game time rolls around. And as much JV action as we’ve seen over the last 3 years (playing multiple times in a season just to get reps and experience) these kids will know a little bit about each other.

Gib’s my boy. Love him like a son. Vacationed with him this summer. He has life long friendships at EHS. All that’s out the door for at least 3-4 hours this fall. He’ll be throwing daggers and they’ll be getting after him. All hugs afterwards though. 

On 6/23/2023 at 8:54 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

WaCoJaCo:

"I think DB had a 18 game win streak over SH before SH went on this run. But that was when Darrell Watson was the defensive coordinator. When Watson left it turned DB into an average program and they've never recovered. "

That is so true. We need another Darrell.  We don't need another "Joker" for head coach.

So where does being down from being down put DB? 

As a collective culture I don't think Kingsport is very serious about football.   For sure a small handful of individuals have the passion but it takes more than that, especially in 6A.     But in reality very few schools are fortunate to have that culture year in and year out.