Frank's Christmas Shootout @ White County High School

ukhoops

Tuesday Schedule:

10:00 am Bradford vs East Nashville (Girls)

11:30 am Bradford vs Warren County (Boys)

1:00 pm  Warren County vs Stone Memorial (Girls)

2:30 pm  York vs East Nashville (Boys)

4:00 pm  Winner of 10:00 am game vs Red Boiling Springs (Girls)

5:30 pm  South Gibson vs York (Girls)

7:00 pm  White County vs McMinn Central (Boys)

8:30 pm  White County vs Baylor (Girls)

9 hours ago, 85warrior said:

True. WC had a double digit lead, but RBS wouldn't give up. Flemming was very impressive for RBS. WC post C. Reed has been  out with an injury 2 or 3 games now and will be out until mid January. Her absence definitely hurts WC.

I really like Flemming!   I have since the first time I saw her play in middle school.  Getting Reed back will help WC but I think they just overlooked RBS in this game.   Reed wouldn't be the one guarding Flemming anyway.  And WC has plenty of posts.   This is where I usually post my annual "Why does WC schedule itself with the weakest bracket every single year" post  but by now its just normal to me so I won't mention it.  :lol:   

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I really like Flemming!   I have since the first time I saw her play in middle school.  Getting Reed back will help WC but I think they just overlooked RBS in this game.   Reed wouldn't be the one guarding Flemming anyway.  And WC has plenty of posts.   This is where I usually post my annual "Why does WC schedule itself with the weakest bracket every single year" post  but by now its just normal to me so I won't mention it.  :lol:   

Of course Reed wouldn't guard Flemming, but Reed on the court = more points for WC. If you host a Christmas tourney it would be rather dumb to schedule yourself against the best team in the tournament in the opening round. Duh! It's what host teams do. 

35 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Of course Reed wouldn't guard Flemming, but Reed on the court = more points for WC. If you host a Christmas tourney it would be rather dumb to schedule yourself against the best team in the tournament in the opening round. Duh! It's what host teams do. 

They didn't have problems scoring points.  They had problems stopping the other team from scoring.   If Reed was back,  Powers wouldn't have had 35.   I doubt they would have scored more than 74 pts regardless.   As for the host, they didn't just give themselves an easy opening round.  They put best 3 opponents in the opposite bracket.  If your goal is to book some guaranteed wins and maybe a trophy then mission accomplished.  If you goal is to be better at the end of the tournament then you likely achieved nothing.   Duh...

31 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

They didn't have problems scoring points.  They had problems stopping the other team from scoring.   If Reed was back,  Powers wouldn't have had 35.   I doubt they would have scored more than 74 pts regardless.   As for the host, they didn't just give themselves an easy opening round.  They put best 3 opponents in the opposite bracket.  If your goal is to book some guaranteed wins and maybe a trophy then mission accomplished.  If you goal is to be better at the end of the tournament then you likely achieved nothing.   Duh...

Cookeville wouldn't put WC in their bracket if they hosted a tournament and they certainly wouldn't play WC first. We played a solid RBS team last night and if we beat Baylor tonight we'll play either a solid York team or a VERY solid Souh Gibson team. Hopefully they're all guaranteed wins. 

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Its kinda like going to cookeville and having to deal with their scorekeepers and clock people. They cant count nor keep time. 

26 minutes ago, Commodorefan said:

Most Host Teams are going to try to schedule in their favor in order to make the finals.  Nothing new there.  Still going to have to play the best team from other side of the bracket in order to win tournament.  

I didn’t say it didn’t happen.  They should get a decent matchup in Final.  But we are talking about a state champion caliber team.  I wasn’t saying anything negative towards the team.  They are very good.  My point is what do they get out of those games?  Let’s be real they better have higher goals than playing for a Franks trophy!  They should be playing the best competition to get them ready for the journey ahead.   Moving on….let’s see how this plays out.  

Wednesday Schedule:

9:00 am Bradford vs Stone Memorial (Girls)

10:30 am Warren County vs RBS (Girls)

12:00 McMinn Central vs Bradford (Boys)

1:30 pm East Nashville vs 9:00 am winner

3:00 pm York vs Warren County (Boys)

4:40 pm South Gibson vs Baylor (girls)

6:00 pm East Nashville vs White County (Boys)

7:30 pm White County vs York (Girls)