AAA District 7

FootyFanatic

The district tournament is a mere formality at this point it really doesn’t matter on the seeding. All it’s for is to see who wears home jersey, and who wears a visitors jersey. The top four teams will play each other in an elimination game in the region semis. Those are the game’s that matter. It would not surprise me one bit to see any of these four teams win against the other one. Cumberland County, White County, Upperman, Livingston all very evenly matched. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

The district tournament is a mere formality at this point it really doesn’t matter on the seeding. All it’s for is to see who wears home jersey, and who wears a visitors jersey. The top four teams will play each other in an elimination game in the region semis. Those are the game’s that matter. It would not surprise me one bit to see any of these four teams win against the other one. Cumberland County, White County, Upperman, Livingston all very evenly matched. 

Totally agree but wouldn’t rule out an upset in the first. Dekalb will be a tough out and Stone/Macon has been able to keep some of the games relatively close until halfway thru the 3rd. All it takes is one game where everything goes in favor in the underdog team. 

1 hour ago, SgtBarnes said:

Totally agree but wouldn’t rule out an upset in the first. Dekalb will be a tough out and Stone/Macon has been able to keep some of the games relatively close until halfway thru the 3rd. All it takes is one game where everything goes in favor in the underdog team. 

Agree i could see white co losing to dekalb or stone

19 hours ago, SgtBarnes said:

I have heard that DeKalb County is pretty good this year as well so you’re right, they could upset someone. 

On 2/11/2023 at 1:32 PM, UCSportsFan said:

So no teams from the old 8AAA can win against these teams since it is a formality? Page, Lawrence County or Lincoln County are not up to the challenge these juggernauts have to offer?  Are you expecting two teams from 7AAA to make it to Murfreesboro?

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

So no teams from the old 8AAA can win against these teams since it is a formality? Page, Lawrence County or Lincoln County are not up to the challenge these juggernauts have to offer?  Are you expecting two teams from 7AAA to make it to Murfreesboro?

Page was a quality team last year. I seen where they got beat by York earlier in the year but no shame in that loss. I fully expect 2 teams from 7AAA to be in Murfreesboro this year. 

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Page is solid and Coffman is a great coach. Tullahoma played better down the stretch. Lincoln has a couple kids who can score it and Tipps does a good job. Lawrence plays hard.

But I can’t see any of the 7AAA teams losing to any of the 8AAA teams. I think White, Upperman, Livingston and Cumberland sweep the first round of region.