Class final games for 5a/6a '23: Predictions?

ILB1999

Considering there is little discussion of interest, and last time I tried to start an interesting thread it hurt people's feelings, let's try a new thread that's less threatening.

This year 6a was Oakland over Beech 42-6.  Maryville and Bartlet were the respective semifinal opponents.

2021 was Oakland over Summit 43-26.  Maryville and Ravenwoold were the semifinalists.

2020 was Oakland over Brentwood 56-33. Maryville and Bartlett were the semifinalists.

I think it's safe to say Oakland will win again ver summit, brentwood, ravenwood or Bartlett.  Maryville again to make the semis?

5a was West over Page 47-13.  Powell and Henry Co were the respective semifinal opponents.

2021 was Powell over Page 42-34.  Page and west were the Semifinalists.

2020 Summit over Oak Ridge  28-7.  South Doyle and Henry CO were the seminalists

Will Powell, West or Oak Ridge represent the East agains Page or Henry Co again?

I'll hang up and listen...

I think at the moment it is Oakland and everybody else in 6A.

5A is interesting. I think if Page finds a QB they will make a run at it again because of how young they were overall last year. Oak Ridge has to be the favorite coming out of the East this year. If they don’t make the semi’s the next two years then something is definitely wrong in the Secret City!

12 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

I think at the moment it is Oakland and everybody else in 6A.

5A is interesting. I think if Page finds a QB they will make a run at it again because of how young they were overall last year. Oak Ridge has to be the favorite coming out of the East this year. If they don’t make the semi’s the next two years then something is definitely wrong in the Secret City!

How many Seniors did Oak Ridge lose, and what do your reckon makes em the favorite.  This is an interesting take, so I feel like you have to show your work.

1 hour ago, ILB1999WHS said:

How many Seniors did Oak Ridge lose, and what do your reckon makes em the favorite.  This is an interesting take, so I feel like you have to show your work.

Lost about 10 total that really contributed. Got quite a bit on both sides returning, but to say we are the favorite out of the East is really stretching it, especially considering our kids are having to go through all new approach and philosophy with a new coach coming in, and with that entails a learning curve. I think we can be really good by season end, though with what we have returning. Also have to factor in that there’s always a kid or 2 here and there that plays that wasn’t expected to, and move-ins, etc. that all teams have at the beginning of a school year. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Does Bearden have to be in the 6a discussion?

31 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

I think that Bearden must be in the 6A discussion

WHO DAT SAY THEY GONNA BEAT JOSH JONES?

What discussion are we referring to? Winning the championship? Making it to the championship game? Making it to the semis? Since the thread title refers to the championship game participants, I'll give my opinion on that as far as Bearden. I guess they could be part of the discussion but I would consider it unlikely. They have to beat Maryville first before they can even worry about knocking off Oakland. When was the last time Bearden beat Maryville?

4 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

What discussion are we referring to? Winning the championship? Making it to the championship game? Making it to the semis? Since the thread title refers to the championship game participants, I'll give my opinion on that as far as Bearden. I guess they could be part of the discussion but I would consider it unlikely. They have to beat Maryville first before they can even worry about knocking off Oakland. When was the last time Bearden beat Maryville?

the thread title must have given it away...

And they only beat Bearden by 18.  All signs point to Bearden improving significantly this year.