College commitment

tnfan09

Here are the committed athletes from the top 2 clubs in middle Tennessee. It's not complete as there are other clubs with players that are probably moving on to the next level. But this will be the majority.

https://alliancevbc.com/page/1045/committed_athletes.html

https://www.tennesseeperformance.com/page/show/5935949-committed-athletes

2 hours ago, SummaryJudgment said:

Here are the committed athletes from the top 2 clubs in middle Tennessee. It's not complete as there are other clubs with players that are probably moving on to the next level. But this will be the majority.

https://alliancevbc.com/page/1045/committed_athletes.html

https://www.tennesseeperformance.com/page/show/5935949-committed-athletes

Awesome thank you. My kid fell in love with volleyball and wants to play in college but it's going to be tough. Closest club team is about a 2 hour drive for us.  Do you guys know of any other option that may help?

Also, in addition, here are some more collegiate adds from C2 Attack Volleyball Club. 

https://www.c2attackvolleyball.com/c2collegerecruits

What area are you in? Lots of satellites and smaller clubs popping up that may give an option closer than you think. 

My oldest daughter plays in college and my youngest daughter who will graduate next year is being recruited as well. If you have any questions about the process and all that goes along with it I am happy to share. We wouldn't have made it thru without others to help us out along the way!

20 hours ago, tnfan09 said:

That's awesome, thank you. 

My daughter plays for dyer co she just a freshman.  She's around 6'2 and started middle for them. She does play club volleyball for a local team but it's only 3 tournaments. So here lies the problem she plays high school softball so that's  why only 3 tournaments.  I think she's pretty good and could possibly play at the college level but we just don't know what to do. The closest club is memphis metro and it's a 2 hour drive. 

I was told by a college coach if they are not playing club they just won't get seen.  

A 6'2 frame is a college player in waiting.  Even a half way decent player who is 6'2 will get college offers.  Unfortunately due to the seasons, there a very few volleyball/softball combo players.  The college coach is correct, she wont be seen unless she's playing on a club.  

1 hour ago, TeeterTot2 said:

A 6'2 frame is a college player in waiting.  Even a half way decent player who is 6'2 will get college offers.  Unfortunately due to the seasons, there a very few volleyball/softball combo players.  The college coach is correct, she wont be seen unless she's playing on a club.  

What about some of these college camps? Are they worth a shot or a waste of money?

On 2/21/2023 at 1:30 PM, tnfan09 said:

That's awesome, thank you. 

My daughter plays for dyer co she just a freshman.  She's around 6'2 and started middle for them. She does play club volleyball for a local team but it's only 3 tournaments. So here lies the problem she plays high school softball so that's  why only 3 tournaments.  I think she's pretty good and could possibly play at the college level but we just don't know what to do. The closest club is memphis metro and it's a 2 hour drive. 

I was told by a college coach if they are not playing club they just won't get seen.  

I don't know that area super-well, but even though its kinda out there, I would think that between western KY, southern MO, North Ark, and west TN there are probably some satellite options you may not have found yet, maybe closer than Memphis. I could be wrong, but search around! I just passed thru that area for the first time this weekend coming home from a tournament in Cape Girardeau!

And agree with TeeterTot, at 6'2 if she has any sense of the game at all she can probably play *somewhere.*. 

One thing I always tell folks in situations like this...You need to be proactive, do some homework and have her get in touch with coaches. My oldest daughter made a list of schools she was interested in going to, and went to each schools volleyball website page. Most of them had a 'recruit me' link where you could fill out some information about yourself and it is sent to the coach. She had success starting conversations with coaches that way. Of course, then they want to see you play so.....back to the original dilemma. But both of my girls have had college coaches travel to high school games, state tournament etc., that had nothing to do with club ball. 

Also, don't limit yourself. Most people only think big schools/D1 is the way to go. While they are great, my daughter is undersized at 5'11 as a middle. Even though she has talent, she wasn't going D1. But she had offers at all other levels and has had an excellent experience at the NAIA level. They give out plenty of money, the play is competitive, but it isn't your 'life.' There is room for other things. My daughter is in nursing school AND is a starting middle on the volleyball team with a very nice scholarship. You couldn't do that at the D1 level even if she was able to play there. People think the competition is poor and while obviously it's not the level of D1 we do have multiple girls that were state champions and All-State on the team. And night in and night out they play against some really good players.  So it works for us!

Edited by Rockstar89

4 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Punk is saying it nicely. So awful. My youngest daughter played with this young lady. So tragic. 

• Like 1

Ok thank you TeeterTot2 and Rockstar89. We will try the college volleyball websites for sure. 

I've looked and I could be wrong but I don't think theirs any satellite teams near by.  Just not a lot for volleyball in this area. Each way I go it's an hour and 45 mins. Missouri, Kentucky or Arkansas.  

As far as college I think she will be happy anywhere as long as she gets to play.  It's not about D1 to us at all. She played competitive softball till last year and it's crazy at the parents wanting  their kids playing D1.