State Upsets

GoTNwrestling

1 hour ago, cowcatcherII said:

If you don't understand 1-0 scores, you must not watch much high level wrestling at all. I encourage you to watch the NCAA tournament in a couple weeks. 

If anyone has attended the NCAA tournament the past several years they know that there will be very few matches end 1-0.  You will see several matches that are one point victories but very few 1-0.  Unless there are some major changes you will see the officials swallow their whistle in the last 30 seconds when it comes to calling stalling.  

On 2/26/2023 at 12:50 PM, OleSweatpants said:

First, I would like to correct that it is Greeneville*. You have seen it enough in the finals, I would think it would start getting spelled correctly. Honest mistake I am sure but always been a pet peeve of mine.

Secondly, thank you so much for the invitation! Independence is little far of a drive for me to get into a pissing contest with you boys though, even though I would love to have some kids train with Rylee Lent she put on a show this weekend, I will most likely not be in attendance. 

I definitely won't attend if nobody is gonna share the profits with Greeneville cause we are poor and need all the financial help we can get hahaha.

I did get several phone calls about this thread and appreciate you guys for the laughs this morning, I needed it after the long drive home last night. 

-Atlas aka Olesweatpants :wink:

Atlas, Aka “Ole sweatpants.” You won some points with me with your response!  You sound like a pretty funny guy! My apologies for holding onto a grudge from a few years back. Not a good thing to do when you don’t really know a person.  There was no need to bring you in on the ridiculous conversation going on, but glad you got a laugh out of it. Congrats on a great season at GreenEEEville and yes my “Helmet” got in the way of my eyes when trying to spell! Let’s all keep advancing TN wrestling!

Denny Mitchell

Fairview Tn/Smethport PA

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Atlas, Aka “Ole sweatpants.” You won some points with me with your response!  You sound like a pretty funny guy! My apologies for holding onto a grudge from a few years back. Not a good thing to do when you don’t really know a person.  There was no need to bring you in on the ridiculous conversation going on, but glad you got a laugh out of it. Congrats on a great season at GreenEEEville and yes my “Helmet” got in the way of my eyes when trying to spell! Let’s all keep advancing TN wrestling!

Denny Mitchell

Fairview Tn/Smethport PA

Nice post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.