Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

8 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Thanks! True this is a big piece in the Mavs make up. Wishing the devil's good luck Friday. Depending on how bad they beat Alcoa could really mean how much ground the Mavs have to make up. Lol But then again there is Betsy too! Lol

We will definitely find out where we're at as a team come Thursday.. And mav that Betsy game always has me nervous everyone was saying there down this year but they've been pretty impressive so far 

• Like 1

It’s really tough when a team comes off a big year and losing a lot of great players. A lot of times the next year is a struggle and add to that AC has played a real hard schedule so far. Seems like to me that they could be the type of team that does really well the second half of the schedule. Getting some injured guys back like Moog will help too. Elizabethton will be tough and the Dragons await.

On 9/2/2023 at 11:12 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Thanks! True this is a big piece in the Mavs make up. Wishing the devil's good luck Friday. Depending on how bad they beat Alcoa could really mean how much ground the Mavs have to make up. Lol But then again there is Betsy too! Lol

Mav i hope your right about beating alcoa, but it's gonna be a tough one but I just hope everyone comes out injury free and win or lose I think this game is gonna make us a better football team going fwd... Go Devils!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

It’s really tough when a team comes off a big year and losing a lot of great players. A lot of times the next year is a struggle and add to that AC has played a real hard schedule so far. Seems like to me that they could be the type of team that does really well the second half of the schedule. Getting some injured guys back like Moog will help too. Elizabethton will be tough and the Dragons await.

Great post I agree 100% I think that the mavs could be a problem when it comes playoff time and that's the purpose of the tough schedule.. I really hope my devils get y'all again in the playoffs I love that game such an awesome rivalry and football atmosphere

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Yeah that is very true. Mavs planned around this happening. Moog planning to come back this week from what I heard and have players needing to heal fast. 

11 minutes ago, Devils18 said:

Mav i hope your right about beating alcoa, but it's gonna be a tough one but I just hope everyone comes out injury free and win or lose I think this game is gonna make us a better football team going fwd... Go Devils!!!

It depends IMO on the structure some times. Some teams just play there region teams much better. Alcoa have had a fairly rough schedule if healthy and they end up taking Greeneville down it will be interesting. If we see a route either way than someone will need to regroup. Bearden held Alcoa down on scoring and DB and Greeneville ended in a tie. This will be one exciting game on Thursday. AC will visit and add the fireworks. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight