Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

1 hour ago, footballgiant123 said:

How is Anderson Co. looking for the 2023 football season?  Will they be contenders for the gold ball again? 

Anderson County lost a lot of Seniors off of last years team (Martinez, Vowell, Noe, Miller, Davis, Bullock, May off the top of my head) that all where great players.  

They return Moog (beast), Larue (speed), Nelson (OL/DL) that were great players for them also. The biggest question is who steps in for Martinez at QB who threw for over 4K yards last year and was a super smart QB who had the authority to change the play if he saw something he liked.  Will AC build on last years success?  I think they will definitely try yo but to early to tell with the great Senior Class they just lost

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, footballgiant123 said:

How is Anderson Co. looking for the 2023 football season?  Will they be contenders for the gold ball again? 

They'll be lucky to get to 6-4 IMO. They lost a lot.  They have a few pieces coming back but no where close to being a title contender. The heir apparent at QB is playing at Oak Ridge along with a reciever that was supposed to be at AC. My guess is they will go with Miller at QB. He's serviceable. 

They'll have a couple good linemen but lose junior Clayton who is now at Powell from my understanding. He's got a D1 frame (and athleticism) to play TE but AC used him at tackle.  

Expect a big letdown.  

16 hours ago, FormerMav said:

They'll be lucky to get to 6-4 IMO. They lost a lot.  They have a few pieces coming back but no where close to being a title contender. The heir apparent at QB is playing at Oak Ridge along with a reciever that was supposed to be at AC. My guess is they will go with Miller at QB. He's serviceable. 

They'll have a couple good linemen but lose junior Clayton who is now at Powell from my understanding. He's got a D1 frame (and athleticism) to play TE but AC used him at tackle.  

Expect a big letdown.  

I had heard that Clayton transferred to Powell.  Why would kids be leaving after just winning the gold ball? 

48 minutes ago, footballgiant123 said:

I had heard that Clayton transferred to Powell.  Why would kids be leaving after just winning the gold ball? 

Playing time, NIL deals, they think they will win elsewhere as compared to where they are, parents not satisfied, don't like coaches, could be any number of reasons. Unfortunately that's today's culture. If it's not exactly what I want I will go somewhere else. No such thing as loyalty or commitment anymore. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Random1234 said:

Playing time, NIL deals, they think they will win elsewhere as compared to where they are, parents not satisfied, don't like coaches, could be any number of reasons. Unfortunately that's today's culture. If it's not exactly what I want I will go somewhere else. No such thing as loyalty or commitment anymore. 

Mathew is absolutely the nicest and most respectful young man you'll find.  He's a team player who bulked up and switched positions from WR/TE to OL just to help his team last year. 

What you're saying may be the case for some kids,  but not that one.  He's class act all the way.  I've seen him befriend kids that were having a tough time and getting picked on, just because he's that nice.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Mathew is absolutely the nicest and most respectful young man you'll find.  He's a team player who bulked up and switched positions from WR/TE to OL just to help his team last year. 

What you're saying may be the case for some kids,  but not that one.  He's class act all the way.  I've seen him befriend kids that were having a tough time and getting picked on, just because he's that nice.  

That's great to hear, need more kids like that in the world.