Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

AC is going to be interesting to watch this season, much like Powell. They graduated a lot of pieces, but the cupboard isn't bare. They should have a pretty decent offensive line, which should help as they break in a new starter at QB. That said, I think Moog's health is going to be pretty key to their success. He's one heck of a running back, and they'll have a very tough time replacing him if he doesn't fully recover. I also wonder about their defense, and how they will compare to last season. Their improved defensive play was a real catalyst for the season they had in 2022.

27 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

AC is going to be interesting to watch this season, much like Powell. They graduated a lot of pieces, but the cupboard isn't bare. They should have a pretty decent offensive line, which should help as they break in a new starter at QB. That said, I think Moog's health is going to be pretty key to their success. He's one heck of a running back, and they'll have a very tough time replacing him if he doesn't fully recover. I also wonder about their defense, and how they will compare to last season. Their improved defensive play was a real catalyst for the season they had in 2022.

I agree this will be an interesting transition with QB. OL should be as good if not better. DL IMO should be strong. QB WR connections will be a must in order to compete at a higher level. Depth will be the question IMO. Mavs been working on speed and endurance alot. In the past injuries could slow the Mavs being young. Moog is definitely a big asset but not sure Mavs can focus on this until they know more. They need some new talent to step up just in case.  Powell likely will start slow as always then end in a bang. Powell grows well throughout the season, as much as anyone. 

1 hour ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

I see AC having a 1st rd game against Greeneville or Betsy  in 2023. 

Betsy started out really slow last year then ended up being almost or as good as the Mavs. Both lol had trouble with Rhea co. Greeneville last year showed weakness in Mo. West game. Probably going to be Betsy the team to beat this year. I would guess in my opinion. But that is what's so great you never know. Carter could be a dark horse for sure. 

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Betsy started out really slow last year then ended up being almost or as good as the Mavs. Both lol had trouble with Rhea co. Greeneville last year showed weakness in Mo. West game. Probably going to be Betsy the team to beat this year. I would guess in my opinion. But that is what's so great you never know. Carter could be a dark horse for sure. 

Hold your horses there Mavsinflight.  Betsy is going to have to solve the matchup problems they had with Greeneville last year and being held to 64 yards of total offense with what Greeneville returns a lot on D. They will be slinging the ball around more this year to complement a tough running game (3 backs over 200lbs and 1 at 195lbs)

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

Hold your horses there Mavsinflight.  Betsy is going to have to solve the matchup problems they had with Greeneville last year and being held to 64 yards of total offense with what Greeneville returns a lot on D. They will be slinging the ball around more this year to complement a tough running game (3 backs over 200lbs and 1 at 195lbs)

So Greeneville will go with the ground and pound. Not seen a lot of evidence or rather publicity that they will be able to sling the ball all over the field but I take your word for it. Betsy has some how been in the mix in the past two years almost taking it all. So I was thinking they are the team to beat but may be wrong. They started off horrible last year then ended up a top competitor. 

11 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

So Greeneville will go with the ground and pound. Not seen a lot of evidence or rather publicity that they will be able to sling the ball all over the field but I take your word for it. Betsy has some how been in the mix in the past two years almost taking it all. So I was thinking they are the team to beat but may be wrong. They started off horrible last year then ended up a top competitor. 

Just ask for AC Mav Martinez if QB1 this year for Greeneville can sling it. (They are close friends and have went to QB camps together for years).  He had the better arm by 30 yards last year as the back up but i'll leave it at that.

https://twitter.com/corbincannongm1/status/1602706074616070144/photo/1

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Fgrd0

56 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Just ask for AC Mav Martinez if QB1 this year for Greeneville can sling it. (They are close friends and have went to QB camps together for years).  He had the better arm by 30 yards last year as the back up but i'll leave it at that.

https://twitter.com/corbincannongm1/status/1602706074616070144/photo/1

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Fgrd0

Great highlights! Good video. Ok I see. Mavs Defense Coaches will have there work cut out for them and Betsy to. At least we know what's coming early. Mavs will need to work on a Massive brutal pass Rush. But that's a long way Into a playoffs the season. Good luck! Mavs have West which will be a good test for this type of play. 

MAVs QB Miller will need to make good adjustments and game decisions.  He has a good grasp with the mental game, looking at film during his starts as a freshman during Martinez's injury recovery.  I did notice Millers defensive starts last year.  Wondering if he will play both ways next year?