Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

44 minutes ago, BlountForce said:

Thought JC QB landed at Farragut? AC still landing transfers after that disgusting hazing incident last season that everyone swept under the rug for them getting a gold ball? Are they good enough to win it all again?

I think they are lined up on technique and speed. I think they have a good shot at the championship if they play smart like they did last year. Playing tough and playing good is necessary but playing and coaching smart will make the difference. 

2 hours ago, BlountForce said:

Thought JC QB landed at Farragut? AC still landing transfers after that disgusting hazing incident last season that everyone swept under the rug for them getting a gold ball? Are they good enough to win it all again?

Nope.   Don’t think Farragut wanted to go down that road.  He is at AC

Reason I ask is I feel like teams will feel like if they can shut the run down, they can beat AC this year. I think we all know how important the run game is in high school ball so if AC struggles upfront, I cant see them making a deep run. Moog is great but he’s not Noe in the sense that Noe was going to get yards whether upfront blocked or not. 

On 6/16/2023 at 2:30 PM, YoungBuck said:

Reason I ask is I feel like teams will feel like if they can shut the run down, they can beat AC this year. I think we all know how important the run game is in high school ball so if AC struggles upfront, I cant see them making a deep run. Moog is great but he’s not Noe in the sense that Noe was going to get yards whether upfront blocked or not. 

When you know ahead of time that you will be playing teams like Powell, Bearden West of course Betsy and Greeneville you prepare well in advance. OL should as always be one of the best. DL should be ready and conditioned for those 4th quarters by Kickoff. I don't see the Mavs missing a beat on the lines. QB obviously hard to replace but again that may not be weak from what I am hearing. Tremendous Kicking game. Speed really has improved from last year from what I hear. But Olhickory will have the report that counts soon. 

MAV'S may have made great adjustments with young kids to replace the great departed players.  Miller looks excited in a defense role now , however always available for triple threats on offense.  QB coming in with a humbling attitude and jelling well with teamates.  We shall see as Summer to Fall practice proceeds.

• Upvote 1

Team is doing better than I expected.  A few key transfers have helped.  As always, keeping kids healthy for the season is huge.  Not a lot of room for error with this crew.  

Lines will be about like last year. Still pretty good. A couple kids have stepped up, gotten better. 

Running backs are a bit less than last year due to Noes departure.  We know Nick is good but he's coming off injury. He's a good kid, hope he does well. 

QB will drop some but not as much as thought.  Current QB may have a much better arm than last years.  Remains to be seen about football IQ.

WR corp has depth but no established superstars.  A couple really good ones could emerge.  

LB Corp will drop a bit.

DB looks to be about the same. 

That's about all I know.  With that said,  it's still tough to replace as many as they have and the team identity and attitude will definitely be different.  Will have to see how they come together. 

Edited by TotallynotLEO
  • Upvote 1

On 2/27/2023 at 11:53 AM, FB123OL said:

How is Anderson Co. looking for the 2023 football season?  Will they be contenders for the gold ball again? 

L at Powell

W against Science Hill

L at Bearden 

W against Fulton 

W against Seymour

W at Carter

L at Clinton

L against West

W against Gibbs 

L against South-Doyle

5-5 not bad, but of course not good. I just think Anderson County will have a down year, but they will definitely be back.

7 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Team is doing better than I expected.  A few key transfers have helped.  As always, keeping kids healthy for the season is huge.  Not a lot of room for error with this crew.  

Lines will be about like last year. Still pretty good. A couple kids have stepped up, gotten better. 

Running backs are a bit less than last year due to Noes departure.  We know Nick is good but he's coming off injury. He's a good kid, hope he does well. 

QB will drop some but not as much as thought.  Current QB may have a much better arm than last years.  Remains to be seen about football IQ.

WR corp has depth but no established superstars.  A couple really good ones could emerge.  

LB Corp will drop a bit.

DB looks to be about the same. 

That's about all I know.  With that said,  it's still tough to replace as many as they have and the team identity and attitude will definitely be different.  Will have to see how they come together. 

Sounds like a great report. IQ is important. Until everything starts to sync, I am pretty sure the Mavs know how to win. They always find a way to win. Coming off a state championship title. Mavs will be fired up to repeat. 4th quarter endurance will put the Mavs above most teams. 5-5 should not be a goal. Mentally it all starts now during this dead period. Mavs will find a way to win all year. Great report keep us updated! 

In reviewing the schedules Greeneville, Mavs, and Betsy it would appear the Mavs could be playing a much harder schedule than Greeneville or Betsy by far.. Bearden chatter has them very competitive this year. Science Hill is always competitive. Powell obviously most likely a state finalist along with West. And some big talk that Clinton will be very competitive this year on top of being a crosstown rival. If these scheduled teams play out as predicted the Mavs may be facing one of there most brutal schedules ever. Some saying 6-4 at best for the Mavs. If the Mavs survive this schedule they should more than likely take the east. IMO most of these teams offer good competition, preparation and importantly strategy for playing any team in class 4A. It is way too Early to predict and too many variables but on paper this will be a fun and hopefully an exciting year for the Mavericks.