Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

3 hours ago, GoatLocker said:

Mav's have a transfer QB.  Cody's moving to defense I imagine.   New QB and Cody still throwing around .  Never know what Davy has up his sleeve. Should  be entertaining.   Moog is looking really good.  WR's looking fast.

Yeah should be really interesting. Having a backup QB is really awesome. Mavs have struggled in that area. Back to back would be awesome. But just taking the state and going 15-0 last year had me on top of Rocky Top via The Great Northwest. 

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

With Hall a Senior transfer this is absolutely wonderful! And sharing QB with Cody this is a Godsend. I suspect Davey will need to work with what Hall was comfortable with, at Jefferson County, play choice wise quickest way to settle in. Then having Mr. Do it all Miller the Mavs could be rock and rolling on offence, too. 

Hopefully Davey can reel the kid in because he has all the talent in the world but had a bad attitude and wasn't a game manager forcing throws he shouldn't have at Greeneville (Was third string his Freshman year behind Greeneville's Current QB who was 2nd string) and the same was said from people close to the Jeff County program when he transferred there and started the past two years.  Farragut didn't want to deal with the headache when he tried going there before ending at AC

7 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Hopefully Davey can reel the kid in because he has all the talent in the world but had a bad attitude and wasn't a game manager forcing throws he shouldn't have at Greeneville (Was third string his Freshman year behind Greeneville's Current QB who was 2nd string) and the same was said from people close to the Jeff County program when he transferred there and started the past two years.  Farragut didn't want to deal with the headache when he tried going there before ending at AC

Had no idea. Dang! 

47 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Pretty sure most of this is incorrect.  Never 3rd string at GV for one that shows you have no clue what you are talking about. Watch the TV games and you will probably see the answer to forcing passes. When the broadcasters asking why are they not doing something it's pretty bad. I'm pretty sure you just wanting to dog someone and actually have no clue what your talking about. Good luck calling out  kids. 

12 hours ago, bendover13 said:

Pretty sure most of this is incorrect.  Never 3rd string at GV for one that shows you have no clue what you are talking about. Watch the TV games and you will probably see the answer to forcing passes. When the broadcasters asking why are they not doing something it's pretty bad. I'm pretty sure you just wanting to dog someone and actually have no clue what your talking about. Good luck calling out  kids. 

Ok Broke Back Mountain.  When you come on here and start of your first comment with "Pretty Sure" you know you're in the wrong place and I know you have no clue what your talking about.  When Hall was at Greeneville as a freshmen he was 3rd string behind Quillen and Cannon because of his Attitude and not being a game manager not because of his potential (I've personally talked to the O coordinator about it and know who came in first as the backup in Varsity and who took more snaps as the JV QB).  I watched them play on TV and in person the last 2 year and a QB can always throw the ball away or take off running and not force a pass that has a high percentage of being picked off, sorry thats not being a good game manager no matter what you WR's are doing.  Here is also what was posted by some Jeff Co people about him leaving and potentially going to Farragut (I know he showed up since this is coming from one of Farragut's Star players dad who goes to practices and workout's and they didn't want the drama that came along with it). https://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?/topic/269227-farragut-getting-a-qb-transfer/.  Sorry your feeling are hurt when multiple schools and programs he has been apart of have said the same thing.  Like i said before hopefully Davey can reel him in because he does have a stellar arm and a high ceiling just attitude and game management problems so far in his high school career and thats coming from a lot of people that have been around him

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

Ok Broke Back Mountain.  When you come on here and start of your first comment with "Pretty Sure" you know you're in the wrong place and I know you have no clue what your talking about.  When Hall was at Greeneville as a freshmen he was 3rd string behind Quillen and Cannon because of his Attitude and not being a game manager not because of his potential (I've personally talked to the O coordinator about it and know who came in first as the backup in Varsity and who took more snaps as the JV QB).  I watched them play on TV and in person the last 2 year and a QB can always throw the ball away or take off running and not force a pass that has a high percentage of being picked off, sorry thats not being a good game manager no matter what you WR's are doing.  Here is also what was posted by some Jeff Co people about him leaving and potentially going to Farragut (I know he showed up since this is coming from one of Farragut's Star players dad who goes to practices and workout's and they didn't want the drama that came along with it). https://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?/topic/269227-farragut-getting-a-qb-transfer/.  Sorry your feeling are hurt when multiple schools and programs he has been apart of have said the same thing.  Like i said before hopefully Davey can reel him in because he does have a stellar arm and a high ceiling just attitude and game management problems so far in his high school career and thats coming from a lot of people that have been around him

Oops, my bad! I had no idea who I was chatting with. Time to take a seat and zip it... but wait, just one question. Who was the OC that year you mentioned? After looking back at that time, it turns out the GV QB did play more and had more starts than the Jeff County QB on the JV team. The reason? Brace yourself for this: the JC kid played only one JV game and started. I probably talked to a different OC, though. According to what I was told, Spradlen informed the kid that he was too valuable to the team to play JV, so there's that.

Now, the current QB at GV had  varsity stats he was 2-4 that year, throwing for a whopping 69 yards with his longest play also being 69 yards. Meanwhile, Hall had a stat line of 14-21 for 215 yards, and hold your breath, he rushed 23 times for a staggering 253 yards that year as the 3rd string All these stats are still online. Should we keep going, or are you heading back to your mountain hideaway?

Speaking of the Jeff Co and Farragut thing, it took me a couple of hours, but I finally spoke to a couple parents and not even in the same ball park on your assumptions. I even have a few screenshots from a Farragut parent, and let's just say you're on something like strike 5.

I have no doubt that you've watched the games, maybe even attended a few. It sounds like you have a crush on the kid. Are you some sided jilted lover lurking in the shadows? The kid probably doesn't even know you, ol' pev. But now I understand the reference to "Brokeback Mountain."

1 hour ago, bendover13 said:

Oops, my bad! I had no idea who I was chatting with. Time to take a seat and zip it... but wait, just one question. Who was the OC that year you mentioned? After looking back at that time, it turns out the GV QB did play more and had more starts than the Jeff County QB on the JV team. The reason? Brace yourself for this: the JC kid played only one JV game and started. I probably talked to a different OC, though. According to what I was told, Spradlen informed the kid that he was too valuable to the team to play JV, so there's that.

Now, the current QB at GV had  varsity stats he was 2-4 that year, throwing for a whopping 69 yards with his longest play also being 69 yards. Meanwhile, Hall had a stat line of 14-21 for 215 yards, and hold your breath, he rushed 23 times for a staggering 253 yards that year as the 3rd string All these stats are still online. Should we keep going, or are you heading back to your mountain hideaway?

Speaking of the Jeff Co and Farragut thing, it took me a couple of hours, but I finally spoke to a couple parents and not even in the same ball park on your assumptions. I even have a few screenshots from a Farragut parent, and let's just say you're on something like strike 5.

I have no doubt that you've watched the games, maybe even attended a few. It sounds like you have a crush on the kid. Are you some sided jilted lover lurking in the shadows? The kid probably doesn't even know you, ol' pev. But now I understand the reference to "Brokeback Mountain."

The BrokeBack Mountain Reference was your screen name Numb Nuts, get on board before you get Gooned!

The OC was Cody Baugh in 2020 when he came back from Cherokee.  Drew Gregg Started as the QB that season before he got hurt and Hall did play in some games but didn't beat Quillen Out for the starting role.  So Spradlen told you that? Or are you trying to use hear say because I talked to Spradlen and Baugh about it in 2020 since I'm still close to the coaching staff there and played under Spradlen his first year coaching at Greeneville and Baugh was our QB coach.  It's funny you talk about stats because I had already looked them up he did throw and run for that in Mop up duty and he also had 3 passing TD's and 2 INT's to go along with it and had the same problem at JC of throwing INT's for forcing the ball and was butt hurt that Quillen got the starting role when Gregg went down over him.  If you want to bring up Cannon's stats he also had a QBR rating of 277 with 1 TD pass out of 4 throws and also avg. 11.2 yards a carry with 2 TD's so tell me who was more efficient in their time on the field? 

I guess you didn't read any of the comments from the Jeff County fans on here that i posted and can guarantee you my contacts at Farragut are more informed about the program than yours since his son has started there for 3 years now.  Lets hear what your source said the reason he didn't end up at Farragut and ended up at AC?

Edited by Swipes

IMO there are situations where we as people give up too quickly. Every kid out there need chances to find out what works best for them and the team. Football is a team sport. If there is anyone that will bring out the best in this kid, Davey can do it. I am confident we have a winner here and I believe Hall can have a spectacular year with Anderson County. I want to believe this is the type of program he has been searching for. The Mavs have for the most part been an Ariel assault team and this sounds like a really good fit for our program. 

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

The BrokeBack Mountain Reference was your screen name Numb Nuts, get on board before you get Gooned!

The OC was Cody Baugh in 2020 when he came back from Cherokee.  Drew Gregg Started as the QB that season before he got hurt and Hall did play in some games but didn't beat Quillen Out for the starting role.  So Spradlen told you that? Or are you trying to use hear say because I talked to Spradlen and Baugh about it in 2020 since I'm still close to the coaching staff there and played under Spradlen his first year coaching at Greeneville and Baugh was our QB coach.  It's funny you talk about stats because I had already looked them up he did throw and run for that in Mop up duty and he also had 3 passing TD's and 2 INT's to go along with it and had the same problem at JC of throwing INT's for forcing the ball and was butt hurt that Quillen got the starting role when Gregg went down over him.  If you want to bring up Cannon's stats he also had a QBR rating of 277 with 1 TD pass out of 4 throws and also avg. 11.2 yards a carry with 2 TD's so tell me who was more efficient in their time on the field? 

I guess you didn't read any of the comments from the Jeff County fans on here that i posted and can guarantee you my contacts at Farragut are more informed about the program than yours since his son has started there for 3 years now.  Lets hear what your source said the reason he didn't end up at Farragut and ended up at AC?

BenDover,  it's where you keep spewing it out like nobody's business!

Oops, my bad! So you're one of those enthusiastic Greeneville parents, huh? Alright, my apologies if I hurt your delicate feelings. But seriously, isn't it a tad strange how you're obsessively following this kid? Is your own child not playing? I mean, come on! Hall gets the easy-peasy mop-up duties, Quillen snags the starting job, and oh, who was that third-stringer who played one measly varsity game? Let's not even get started on the Quillen debate; that one's been beaten to death, I know. The Farragut issue well I'll just leave it hear with a picture is worth a thousand words so I've got a dictionary.

Alright, I'm officially done talking to the parent. How about you go spend some quality time with your own kid instead of stalking teenagers? It's a much healthier and less creepy hobby, trust me!