Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

On 2/27/2023 at 5:26 PM, FormerMav said:

They'll be lucky to get to 6-4 IMO. They lost a lot.  They have a few pieces coming back but no where close to being a title contender. The heir apparent at QB is playing at Oak Ridge along with a reciever that was supposed to be at AC. My guess is they will go with Miller at QB. He's serviceable. 

They'll have a couple good linemen but lose junior Clayton who is now at Powell from my understanding. He's got a D1 frame (and athleticism) to play TE but AC used him at tackle.  

Expect a big letdown.  

Let’s define heir apparent? There’s one for Q but there’s no one else that ever was thought of a starter that’ll get us to next level.   Care to elaborate? With results? 

im confused. 

On 2/28/2023 at 12:30 PM, GatorTDMaker said:

I wouldn’t want my kid playing at AC either after what went on & got swept under the rug there last year lol

On 3/3/2023 at 4:21 PM, GatorTDMaker said:

I heard they broke up

Hahahahahahahaha

I got a look at the 2023 Mavs skill players Thursday as they hosted Maryville for 7v7. I know some will say it's just 7v7, but it is an opportunity to compete, and I am glad to see the ball on the turf again.  We know the Mavs can rush the ball with Moog, as they did last season.   Coach Gillum does what he does, and the Mavs looked like they can throw the ball again this season.  Nick Moog , Small, LaRue, Strickland and some new faces, some I had never seen before were catching balls from two QBs, who aren't afraid to get it vertical down the field.   They brought the ball back each play so they didn't move the ball up and down the field, but the Mavs have zero problems throwing the ball down the field.  Moog was held out to keep from injury I am sure. He rushed for almost 2k last season, and I look for him to do that again.  The OL guys were on hand to cheer their team on, and they looked huge.   Mavs lost another big class, but they always do.  Coaching staff was intact and all accounted for.   Maryville is Maryville, they have 50 plus skill players and they are big.  Both teams competed well and got after each other.  High level passing games are entertaining to watch. Defensively, Coach Lambert has them playing fast and they made several big plays breaking on routes.  Glad it is football season again, looking forward to seeing the 23 Mavs take the field. I'll try and get a roster for the team next so I can give a better report. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 4:21 PM, GatorTDMaker said:

I heard they broke up

No. Not that it matters. I think his parents split and he's with his dad.  

Kid had played WR/TE his whole life. He's about 6'5" and 235lbs and AC had him at tackle.  

Powell has him at TE and maybe some at WR. He's good enough that they have put in packages just for him.  

On 6/10/2023 at 11:00 AM, olhickory said:

I got a look at the 2023 Mavs skill players Thursday as they hosted Maryville for 7v7. I know some will say it's just 7v7, but it is an opportunity to compete, and I am glad to see the ball on the turf again.  We know the Mavs can rush the ball with Moog, as they did last season.   Coach Gillum does what he does, and the Mavs looked like they can throw the ball again this season.  Nick Moog , Small, LaRue, Strickland and some new faces, some I had never seen before were catching balls from two QBs, who aren't afraid to get it vertical down the field.   They brought the ball back each play so they didn't move the ball up and down the field, but the Mavs have zero problems throwing the ball down the field.  Moog was held out to keep from injury I am sure. He rushed for almost 2k last season, and I look for him to do that again.  The OL guys were on hand to cheer their team on, and they looked huge.   Mavs lost another big class, but they always do.  Coaching staff was intact and all accounted for.   Maryville is Maryville, they have 50 plus skill players and they are big.  Both teams competed well and got after each other.  High level passing games are entertaining to watch. Defensively, Coach Lambert has them playing fast and they made several big plays breaking on routes.  Glad it is football season again, looking forward to seeing the 23 Mavs take the field. I'll try and get a roster for the team next so I can give a better report. 

As always Great report Olhickory! Keep us updated. Can't wait to see the Mavs! This year will an awesome and exciting year we can count on that! 

63 days until the Mavs take the field. Sounding like we have a pretty solid team. Rebuilding process worked or it just may have been the reloading. Great feeder program has really paid off. Defense sounding solid with Lambert, chadwel and staff. Receivers and possibly dual QB options or at least backup QB available. I have every optimistic belief we can compete for a championship. We have another tough non conference schedule to get us ready for the playoffs. Kickers may be best in state. I think we have covered the bases. We now have 63 days to solidify a determined group of players. I have confidence our offense and defense will be ready. Could this be the All Star Team the Mavs are looking for? IMO I think so. I just have a feeling it is. IMO only