AA Substate Predictions

sportslover88

2 minutes ago, Uknow said:

Should be a classic! Still bummed about 2020 shutdown. GC got the best of Lo-Town in 2019 State Championship w Karly being a freshman. Sister Ally is a sophomore now and stats are too high not to be considered top 3 in AA in my opinion. Sanders, Corbin, and Judkins out for LHS is a huge hurt, but the rest are bringing it. Won 14 of last 15 after starting 8-7. The Barn will be rocking in it's final game before the new gym opens. Can't wait to see what happens. Region 5 & 6 top 4 should all be in top 8 of State. Sad that 2 of the 4 exit in top 16 tonight. Good luck to all 4! #GoLadyMustangs

Safe travels to all. 3 hour trip. 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:47 PM, sportslover88 said:

Loretto vs Gibson County

Westview vs Summertown

Gatlinburg Pittman vs Meigs Co

McMinn Central vs Alcoa

York vs East Nashville

Community vs Smith County

Scotts Hill vs Manassas

Hillcrest vs Riverside

Thoughts? Predictions?

Gibson County

Westview

GP

McMinn

York

Community

SH

Riverside

Should be a lot of great matchups tonight. Good luck to all and stay healthy. 

2 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Gibson County

Westview

GP

McMinn

York

Community

SH

Riverside

Should be a lot of great matchups tonight. Good luck to all and stay healthy. 

Assuming all the teams you pick win tonight, the state matchups with the substate winners will be interesting to see. 

6 hours ago, Uknow said:

Should be a classic! Still bummed about 2020 shutdown. GC got the best of Lo-Town in 2019 State Championship w Karly being a freshman. Sister Ally is a sophomore now and stats are too high not to be considered top 3 in AA in my opinion. Sanders, Corbin, and Judkins out for LHS is a huge hurt, but the rest are bringing it. Won 14 of last 15 after starting 8-7. The Barn will be rocking in it's final game before the new gym opens. Can't wait to see what happens. Region 5 & 6 top 4 should all be in top 8 of State. Sad that 2 of the 4 exit in top 16 tonight. Good luck to all 4! #GoLadyMustangs

Will be loud for sure. Players won’t be able to hear coaches it will be that loud. Loretto and Summertown are great programs and I know people from both and think a lot of. Hate we all have to match up. Good luck to all!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uknow said:

Tonight’s game should be a good one with an electric atmosphere. Ally is a great young player with good numbers, but which of the top 3 does she deserve to replace? With Micah Hart putting up good numbers as well, and also getting a Miss Basketball finalist snub, those 2 should put on a great head-to-head  show tonight. 

Edited by 81ballfan

26 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Don’t know Westview beats Summertown if they at full strength but they did what they had to do - now go win it all 

I give Summertown credit…they fought hard tonight and never gave up, but I don’t think I agree with your statement.  Westview got up 17-20 and without those late threes that fell for Summertown in the 4th, then I think it wouldn’t have even been as close as 10

• Like 1

Hats off to Gibson County. Great game in a great atmosphere from opening tipoff to final whistle. Could have went either way, but GC turned it up when down by 7 in the 4th to steal it by 5. Safe travels and good luck! This Lady Mustangs team fought tooth and nail and have nothing to hang their heads about. #mustang4life

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I give Summertown credit…they fought hard tonight and never gave up, but I don’t think I agree with your statement.  Westview got up 17-20 and without those late threes that fell for Summertown in the 4th, then I think it wouldn’t have even been as close as 10

I sorry you can’t give a depleted team any more credit than that /I guess what people say bout Westview downing other teams is true 

Just now, Uknow said:

Hats off to Gibson County. Great game in a great atmosphere from opening tipoff to final whistle. Could have went either way, but GC turned it up when down by 7 in the 4th to steal it by 5. Safe travels and good luck! This Lady Mustangs team fought tooth and nail and have nothing to hang their heads about. #mustang4life

Great game, the second scoring option was huge for GC coming back. Hart with 33. Cantrell with 21. Loretto got to the rim. Tough team in that gym.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

I sorry you can’t give a depleted team any more credit than that /I guess what people say bout Westview downing other teams is true 

I’m giving them a lot of credit. They played their tails off and made some big shots. They never gave up and fought until the end. Not saying that at all! Just saying I disagree with the statement you made about Westview not being able to win if Summertown was healthy. It was a hard fought game until the end but what else do you expect this late in the season in a do or die game