AA Substate Predictions

sportslover88

Summertown wasn't going down without a fight and maybe NWHoopaholic can give us some percentages, but I don't believe either team tonight missed a free throw in the entire game, and I've never witnessed that in a high school basketball game ever. Summertown shot the 3 ball very well. It was a good hard-fought game and Summertown could've folded when they were down 14-16 points, but kept fighting. Much respect. 

Congrats as well to GC, SS, South Gibson, Dresden, Peabody, McKenzie, and Dyersburg. The West will be well represented and there should be some great games in the Glass House this upcoming week. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

I sorry you can’t give a depleted team any more credit than that /I guess what people say bout Westview downing other teams is true 

That's a compliment to Summertown's fight when they could've folded. Get your emotions off your sleeve. WV isn't full strength either....just an fyi. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Summertown wasn't going down without a fight and maybe NWHoopaholic can give us some percentages, but I don't believe either team tonight missed a free throw in the entire game, and I've never witnessed that in a high school basketball game ever. Summertown shot the 3 ball very well. It was a good hard-fought game and Summertown could've folded when they were down 14-16 points, but kept fighting. Much respect. 

Congrats as well to GC, SS, South Gibson, Dresden, Peabody, McKenzie, and Dyersburg. The West will be well represented and there should be some great games in the Glass House this upcoming week. 

If I’m not mistaken, the radio said 16 for 16 and 11 for 11 on free throws! That has to be some kind of record for both teams to shoot 100% and it be 10+ per team 

• Like 1

Just now, sportslover88 said:

If I’m not mistaken, the radio said 16 for 16 and 11 for 11 on free throws! That has to be some kind of record for both teams to shoot 100% and it be 10+ per team 

I've never seen that happen before. I knew it seemed like there were no misses on either side. Good atmosphere too. The Summertown folks were very nice as well. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Gibson County

Westview

GP

McMinn

York

Community

SH

Riverside

Should be a lot of great matchups tonight. Good luck to all and stay healthy. 

Gibson County & Westview: splitting

Scotts Hill & Riverside: splitting

GP, McMinn, York, Community

Congrats to all that made it. Safe travels, good luck, and hopefully everyone makes it out healthy. Should be a good week coming up. 

2 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Westview should definitely be in that record with I think 11 straight state appearances…. Is nothing short of amazing! 

Between Westview and Gibson County they have been about 35 times between the two. Pretty amazing because they play each other and for the most part from the same District. IMO the toughest district in the state of Tennessee.