Some People on here...

WestTNHoopsFan

3 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Way too many

It depends on your purpose for sports. 

Mississippi, like many southern states, have rural communities with small schools. Never giving those schools an opportunity to compete and play for something valuable only creates a sense of apathy for sport and participation dwindles. Then the loss of sports begin to happen and the lessons and value of sport are lost to the communities only further creating challenges in an already challenging world. 

TN hurts basketball by allowing practice to start 2 weeks before the first contest. Players and coaches need more time to condition and work team stuff before the first game. Especially in small school where kids play multiple sports.  A month before would be a good start. Then allow for more off season player development with their coach. 

16 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

It depends on your purpose for sports. 

Mississippi, like many southern states, have rural communities with small schools. Never giving those schools an opportunity to compete and play for something valuable only creates a sense of apathy for sport and participation dwindles. Then the loss of sports begin to happen and the lessons and value of sport are lost to the communities only further creating challenges in an already challenging world. 

TN hurts basketball by allowing practice to start 2 weeks before the first contest. Players and coaches need more time to condition and work team stuff before the first game. Especially in small school where kids play multiple sports.  A month before would be a good start. Then allow for more off season player development with their coach. 

I like everything you said and I agree with too. 7 is a lot though. I personally love district tournaments and with that many classes there is no way to do district tournaments. 

6 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I like everything you said and I agree with too. 7 is a lot though. I personally love district tournaments and with that many classes there is no way to do district tournaments. 

They have 6 classes in basketball and they do regions rather than districts. 

https://scorebooklive.com/mississippi/basketball/brackets/2023-mississippi-6a-boys-basketball-championship

See the link above.