Fayetteville 2023

frankman

17 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

To get to the finals it would be easier in 1A probably. Since Greenback kinda fell off with the coaching change a few years ago South Pittsburg is the favorite every year. 

1A west which is where fayetteville would fall is much harder than 2A east. 1A east is considerably easier than both to get to Chatt. all this is IMO.

I’m hearing good things from City. Week 1 will be interesting to see. They very well could shock the East in 2A. Caught the Chattanooga area teams last two nights at Finley. Signal is improved. Marion County is loaded with athletes but was hard to gauge how good they are against CCS JV team. Defense looked a lot better though. Boyd looked like the best overall to me out of all the teams in Chatt followed by South Pitt & Marion. Tyner kept things pretty vanilla so they were hard to gauge as well. Sale Creek will be a problem soon with their grind it out style. I’m just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

On 8/9/2023 at 5:52 PM, PercyPeabody said:

Surprised Tullahoma won but have to consider it was a scrimmage. Hoping to see the Tigers in person in a couple of weeks in Lynchburg.

Yes, Tullahoma won by a score. It felt like City was holding back a lot due to some younger guys learning plays, honestly not really sure they weren’t clicking on offense. A lot of inaccurate passes. City’s Varsity was pushing to tie up when they pulled the plug and put in JV. Last night City looked like City, opened it up more and it wasn’t close at Lincoln County and hitting on all cylinders. They have a mountain to climb before 2a play even starts. 

27 minutes ago, Tigers713 said:

Yes, Tullahoma won by a score. It felt like City was holding back a lot due to some younger guys learning plays, honestly not really sure they weren’t clicking on offense. A lot of inaccurate passes. City’s Varsity was pushing to tie up when they pulled the plug and put in JV. Last night City looked like City, opened it up more and it wasn’t close at Lincoln County and hitting on all cylinders. They have a mountain to climb before 2a play even starts. 

I realize it was a scrimmage so I tried not to invest too much in it. I'm sure Fayetteville will be fine this year. It's a transition but nothing they can't handle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I’m hearing good things from City. Week 1 will be interesting to see. They very well could shock the East in 2A. Caught the Chattanooga area teams last two nights at Finley. Signal is improved. Marion County is loaded with athletes but was hard to gauge how good they are against CCS JV team. Defense looked a lot better though. Boyd looked like the best overall to me out of all the teams in Chatt followed by South Pitt & Marion. Tyner kept things pretty vanilla so they were hard to gauge as well. Sale Creek will be a problem soon with their grind it out style. I’m just keeping it real

Only saw last night's jamboree action. Mostly CCS jv team but out of Marion's 3 TDs 2 were scored by their jv. Sophomore RB and freshman QB. As with most teams the 2nd game they play is usually heavy with young kids. In Marion's 2nd game at one point they had 11 freshmen on the field on defense. South Pittsburg will be a handful in 1A but in their 2 games they were playing against a lot of Ooltewah and Silverdale's backups. 

2A in the East is still Fayetteville's to lose. I believe most know that.

10 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Only saw last night's jamboree action. Mostly CCS jv team but out of Marion's 3 TDs 2 were scored by their jv. Sophomore RB and freshman QB. As with most teams the 2nd game they play is usually heavy with young kids. In Marion's 2nd game at one point they had 11 freshmen on the field on defense. South Pittsburg will be a handful in 1A but in their 2 games they were playing against a lot of Ooltewah and Silverdale's backups. 

2A in the East is still Fayetteville's to lose. I believe most know that.

Nah kinfolk my cousin played whole game for Ooltewah. That was not their backups and the same players y’all played against vs Silverdale played against South Pitt. Lol funny how much y’all hate on them. Hope y’all have a great season though. Big fan of both programs.