Gap Scheme Rules

YoungBuck

On 5/30/2023 at 10:38 AM, YoungBuck said:

Wanted to hear peoples' take on lineman having rules on gap scheme plays.  

Some teams have hard fast rules(Gap/Down/Backer) (Gap/Down/On) where others do not. 

Also be interested in opinions on pulling guards in gap scheme. Single back power? buck sweep? 

Your talking Wing  T blocking schemes. Terminology can differ from playbook to playbook but possibly get same results with different techniques. 

On 5/30/2023 at 10:38 AM, YoungBuck said:

Wanted to hear peoples' take on lineman having rules on gap scheme plays.  

Some teams have hard fast rules(Gap/Down/Backer) (Gap/Down/On) where others do not. 

Also be interested in opinions on pulling guards in gap scheme. Single back power? buck sweep? 

'GOD" rule. Gap-On-Down. If "on", double team partner is outside. If end man on LOS, "on" does not apply. PG rule is "brush the butts of playside OL. If kicking out, attack inside shoulder. If pulling for LB, eyes are inside

22 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Your talking Wing  T blocking schemes. Terminology can differ from playbook to playbook but possibly get same results with different techniques. 

Those are not exclusive to the wing-t.  I am referring to more of a single back or two back set with no motion from the tailback. 

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

Those are not exclusive to the wing-t.  I am referring to more of a single back or two back set with no motion from the tailback. 

Over, offside, downfield on the backside….. inside, over, lb down field play side. Rule blocking

Edited by noonesfool

9 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Gap On Down, why I call power “Gods play”. The fun argument is the BST. I’m a Jab and Pick guy myself. Don’t like Tackle going upfield unless the end is being read.

We use a “J” step. Hard inside to protect against LB run thru, and work back out to DE