Boyd vs CPA

Guest bucsfootball

If you are not from CPA or Boyd, don't complain. You don't see any CPA or Boyd fans whining and complaining about calls. It's all people who could care less about the game. So if you are not a fan of either school, don't say anything please. You just show a lack of character when you do this. Both CPA and Boyd fans thought it was an incredible game and most wish that it could have just ended in a tie because both teams wanted it so bad. Negative commments aren't necessary or apreciated here.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you play in a game that the public has to buy a ticket to get in to see then they have a right to voice their opinions. If yall are that sensitve then you need to take up needle work. Football is the most argued game there is. Also and this is important the fans get to see the game as a whole while the players see only bits and pieces. Sure they were both excellent teams but they both made mistakes that were crucial. I think Boyd made the worst when they didn't run the ball right down CPA's throat that last 4 downs from the 5 yard line. If they would admit it I'll bet a lot of them think so too.

CPA, congratulations on a great win. yall are the classiest team we played all year. i am Drew Akins, #11, the player Dan Williams, #5 from CPA, was talking to after the game. Dan if you are reading this, i appreciate you so much for doing that. it did mean alot even under the circumstances. i apoligize to the CPA players and coaches for not going though the line after the game but i did try to see as many of yall as i could after i realize how classless i was for doing that. i respect the football program very much. Coach Pack, you are a great man. there is nobody i would rather lose to in a championship(if i had to) other than you. i respect what you do with your players and i hope to see you again next year with a different outcome of chorse.

Boyd is not totally out though, even through the lose of Healy and Nelson, Miller, puryear, smith, john taylor, blake, and alex, we have the leadership and atheletic ability to be right back where we were. but SP fan you just keep counting us out. we like it that way. Boyd fans yall were great to us all year and i am glad we are gettin more of our student fans back.

about the call of Coach Akins, my father, hindsight is 20/20. when you have coached for 26 years and have won a state championship(in Alabama) and lead a team that was 10-40 in 5 seasons before you became coach and turned them around to be 64-25 and a state contender in the 7 years you have been coach(Boyd) you come talk to me. he knows what he is doing and i will tell you before anyone that i think he should have ran the ball but i will not go against his discision. he has taught me a lot about the game and i know he did what he thought was best.

once again congratulations to CPA and Coach Pack. i hope to see you again next year.

Guest Trapman

Drew, thanks for the really classy comment about Dan, # 5 for CPA. We're going to order a print of the newspaper photo of the two of you together after the game and would be happy to send you a print if you like. Just reply to this post. If you want the print we can contact your school for the mailing address.

Very best wishes for your team for next year.

Dan's Dad

i admire your son, and it truely ment alot to me when he came up and talked to me after the game. i wish i had been a little bit more classy at the time. i am sorry for that.

Even though it was not one of my best moments, i would like a picture of us together. you can mail it to my home at 9412 Berkshire Circle Chattanooga TN, 37421. it will be much appreciated. your son is a class act and i hope i can be like him if we win one in the next two years(or even if we lose one). Thank you.

Guest Trapman

this is dan williams #5 of CPA

first i want to thank you for what you said, you made up for your actions on the field which i understand because it was a very emotional game. you guys have nothing to be ashamed of, you played your hearts out and left everything you had on that turf. your team has a lot of heart and that is the one thing that seperates the good teams from the great teams. keep that heart and you will go very far. you guys deserved to be there just as much as we did, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, i wish both of us could win in a game like that. best of luck to you next year, if you meet our boys in the finals i wish you luck, they are a scrappy bunch.

with great respect,

dan williams -one heart

Are you saying the officials cheated? If you are not, what is your point? I admit the calls were questionable ("in question"). My only point was that the officials were properly positioned and made decisive calls. Did you also notice that not a single CPA player even mildly objected to the pass interference call? That is somewhat telling to me. I will review the tape.

By the way, you seem to be the sensitive one, CSense. Why else would you even bring up or comment on this issue on a thread dedicated to congratulating two fine teams?

timmy50,

I will not dignify your stupid "choking" comment with any more responses. The first-class CPA fan handled that quite well enough.

I guarantee you that BBS knows what gold looks like. They have won state championships in men's basketball and softball. Come by the trophy case sometime and we will let you see what those look like.

the pass interference call looked weak, travis #12 might have had his right hand on his back but it really didn't hinder the receiver at all. it didn't look like he pushed him or grabbed him with the hand. when they fumbled it was very obvious that it was a fumble, but none of this really matters because it's all over and cpa came out with the win anyways

Super Stevie boy:The only thing you got in that trophy case is 1 or 2 region placks and a SILVER ball. This was Boyd's year and they could not get it done. Yall better go get some players to replace the one's you are losing, Boyd is losing some very key players. How do you not score in 8 plays from the 10 yard line. The worst team in the state could do that.